[Play Raw] Thou couldst be angry and send us rain

darktable 2.60

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (6,5 Ko)

2 Likes

Very nice image. I won’t be able to do it justice ATM, but I will come back to it when I am more confident. :slight_smile: Made it 3600px instead of my usual 1800px.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → filter pixels → HLG (curve) → blend (Retinex) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → local contrast, sharpness (guided) → increase chroma (curve) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (3600)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

1 Like

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3.txt (13.5 KB)

2 Likes

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3 (11.5 KB)

I did not fix the vignetting

1 Like

Ufraw and fotoxx. :thinking: Know what I wanted to do :grin: not sure if I have.

Thanks interesting one to work on. Many are on here.

John

1 Like

Alt take.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → OCIO filmic (very low contrast) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → blend (Retinex) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves)
3. pnmclahe → enhance contrast
4. gmic → local contrast, sharpen (guided) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (1800)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

3 Likes

alt2: fun version, taking the topic title a tiny bit more seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

5. gmic → applied my fun g0 experimental filter to the sky

3 Likes

The view is breathtaking. I felt sick for a moment.

1 Like

Original feeling is be careful and don’t drop camera (few hundred meters). Will go again to Graskop end of March.

Very nice one, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it.

Late to the party again…

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (5.3 KB)

2 Likes

Again, party on!

1 Like

A beautiful scene. Here is my own take which is a result of using RT but in two stages. I did the first one in which the biggest thing I did was to push color saturation much more than I normally would. After finishing and saving the output, I later went back and used RT again but this time to process the previously saved jpeg version. After finishing I found that I liked the original sky somewhat better so merged the two images so as to add back in some of the original sky.

1 Like

Took a very different approach with the following version.

The RT file: FED_1953-C.NEF.pp3 (11.8 KB)

1 Like

Have been testing my dehaze filter and centring the processing on it. Looks like it requires both pre- and post-processing steps to keep the stats healthy.

photoflow: minimal.
gmic: filter pixels, centre crop (90%), curves (HLG, brightness, contrast), my dehaze A, curves (HLG, brightness, contrast) B, blend A B (to tame sky), curves (brightness, contrast), sharpen (LoG), resize.

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

3 Likes

You are using GMI’C from terminal? If you do, what version is that?

Yes, I am using G’MIC CLI; however, the commands that I used are my own.

The bare bones version of dehaze_afre is done but I need to do some more field testing, fix a few bugs, and add a few touches to make it simpler to use and adaptable to more situations.

Thanks for info.
GMI’C needs few tutorials, help files, books, which are applicable for fresher versions. Even simple stuff like exporting image to 16 bit integer tif are achieved via trial and error.
Pity, such powerful program but hardly anybody knows how to use it.

One more try at object mapping! I’m not 100% happy, but I think it’s okay for now :]
Used this photo and this model by rich33584 from blendswap! Thanks for the wonderful photo!

5 Likes