My take!
Just for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

You go, Mairi!
Here’s mine edited with RT and GIMP.

5 Likes

Here is my edit

Darktable Only

With the white blouse / top, I tried to get a quite bright mono conversion, almost, but not quite high key.

Hope you like this :slight_smile:

P1280191.ORF.xmp (11.4 KB)

4 Likes

LOVE :heart: the skin tone!

WOW thank you so much @patdavid gonna have some fun colour-tweaking :slight_smile:
BTW very nice use of light/shadow!

very nice tones! Mind sharing the PP3? unless the colour grading was done in Gimp

With Darktable

P1280191.ORF.xmp (16.7 KB)

3 Likes

Sorry, I just saw this. Thanks!
I did a base grade in RT, but added the texture and some custom curves in GIMP. Here is the PP3:

P1280191 (1).ORF.pp3 (9.3 KB)

1 Like

Aaand here is my contribution :slight_smile:
RawTherapee only. Exported then resized in RawTherapee with post resize sharpening enabled. Exported both times with best quality at 90% JPG.

P1280191.ORF.pp3 (9.7 KB)

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Thanks again @patdavid for the awesome raw material

2 Likes

I’m curious why you didn’t that in one step!

1 Like

I got used to doing this for most portraits shoots I do. I don’t want to forget to export the full size as well. It is possible that it could have yielded a higher quality scaled down file had I done it in one step …but for what it’s worth, it’s due to my workflow. I finish an edit and export it full size. Then do resizing and manipulations on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for explanation :slight_smile: I asked because PR sharpening is made especially to save the intermediate step when you only want to sharpen on the resized image.

1 Like

Yeah I get. It’s a great tool no doubt. I just like to satisfy my paranoia :stuck_out_tongue: and save my full size first haha

The BEST !!!

darktable 2.60

P1280191.ORF.xmp (8 Ko)

2 Likes

darktable 2.7.0 testing

P1280191.ORF.xmp (27,6 Ko)

P1280191.ORF.xmp (20.3 KB)

Edit: And a second version, slightly changed with Gimp (G’MIC).

2 Likes

darktable 3.0rc0 + image doctor:

2 Likes

Hi,

may I…
my attempt with dt 3.0-rc0

P1280191.ORF.xmp (28,6 KB)

3 Likes

P1280191.ORF.xmp (8.1 KB) P1280191_01.ORF.xmp (9.8 KB)

1 Like