[PlayRaw] Mairi Further

My try using DT 3.3.0+766

P1280191_01.ORF.xmp (15.2 KB)

3 Likes

P1280191.ORF.xmp (16.3 KB)

2 Likes

@urs please share a sidecar file.

My try, again with ART 1.5 + DT
P1280191.ORF.arp (12.1 KB) P1280191.tif.xmp (9.1 KB)

1 Like

normally I just add grain in GIMP, but in this case I needed a fairly major tone curve adjustment to finish it off.
P1280191.ORF.xmp (27.9 KB)

1 Like

Done. sorry for forgetting this.

mairi.further.olympus.e.m5.pp3 (19.3 KB) RawTherapee (development/5.9)

I’ve been trying to get a handle on RawTherapee and thought this to be a good one for a skin vs other colour(s) edit. It also gave me an excuse (as if I need one…) to play with wavelets. That one is really nice :smile:

I’m not at all disappointed with it. Did go for a neutral look: Skin needed to be acceptable and Mairi’s shirt needed to be white. No artistic intentions, just a “real” representation.

I did have a problem with sharpness with this one, something that hasn’t happened before with RT. I’m kinda impressed with the detail I can normally produce with it. I’ll figure it out…

EDIT: When I looked this morning I noticed that her shirt had a strange colourcast, must have been staring at the screen for too long a time yesterday. Anyway: Fixed it and re-uploaded the image.

1 Like

Great picture.
Did one with and without retouch. Very different expressions of the face.
Both are edited in DT 3.6,

1 Like

Two different (but not so much really) approaches. One from the soft side, one from the dark one.

Both dt 3.7.0 beta

P1280191.ORF.xmp (11.9 KB)

P1280191_01.ORF.xmp (10.8 KB)

Just a bit of color calibration, exposure, and a couple of instances of Diffuse and sharpen, to soften the image a little bit, and then recover back the eyes.

After seing last video by @anon41087856 I realized what a powerful tool D&S is, and how far from been mastered for mortal people like me it is. And the idea of superposing instances with different objectives was mind-blowing, so I felt I needed to try this. Just very subtile touch, but it’s amazing to feel what could be done with this…

1 Like

dt 3.80

P1280191.ORF.xmp (9,2 Ko)

1 Like