[PlayRaw] Venise la sérénissime

Nice LUT! Nice PlayRaw entries: you are on fire @s7habo!

Thank you @afre! :slight_smile:

I don’t think I would have been so active if there hadn’t been such beautiful contributions to [PlayRaw]!
I’ve learned a lot here. Different techniques and approaches shown here are true treasures and best way to learn photography.

As far as LUT is concerned, I like to use HaldCLUT Set from ANUBIS a lot:
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/haldclut-set-anubis/7752

I have to be careful not to overuse it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started using those LUTs from the Anubis set, in particular the Vision4 and Vision7, for some Venice shots. But lately I found other free LUTs on the web, which I converted to HaldCLUTs for use in RT, and I don’t use the Anubis anymore, for now.

1 Like

What does NO MAFIA in the bottom right mean?

A quick web search shows that the banner has changed slightly over the years. See: Il monito conquista il Canal Grande: "No Mafia, Venezia è sacra".

Coming in with an UltraWarped and messy thing:

2 Likes

I knew that image was familiar; posting as a curio =)
From Nicolas Roeg 1973’s film Don’t Look Now, a very simbolic flick - if for nuthin’ else, totallly worth it just for the incredibly complex, tender, rich, rythmic, soul nurturing love scene.

PS
where did la cupola (dome) go?

The famous sex scene between Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie was a last minute on-set idea from director Nicolas Roeg who felt that otherwise the film would have too many scenes of the couple arguing. Most of the scenes around it are improvised.

Donald Sutherland recounted the story of how the (In)famous sex scene was actually shot and that it was anything but a sexy or erotic experience for those involved. He and Julie Christie were on the set at 7 a.m. in dressing gowns, waiting downstairs while the room was prepared and both had a glass of champagne to calm their nerves. Inside the room was Nicolas Roeg and cinematographer Anthony B. Richmond, each operating their own Mitchell 35mm camera. Sutherland and Chiststie disrobed and got onto the bed and Roeg and Richmond began filming. The huge Mitchell cameras were unblimped (unsilenced) and as the room was oak panelled the noise from the two cameras was amplified hugely. At the same time, Roeg began shouting directions (over the noise of the cameras)to the actors such as “Lick her nipples” “Put your hand between her legs” “Get on top” etc.The shoot lasted until well into the afternoon before Roeg was satisfied and wrapped.

ja ja aja lick her nipples, well… “it is art” and could be worse than Julie Christie

Revival c/o RT 5.10-rc1

DSCF1393.jpg.out.pp3 (15.5 KB)

3 Likes

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (10.5 KB)
DSCF1429.RAF.xmp (8.3 KB)

1 Like

For the first one in dt 4.6

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (8.7 KB)

2 Likes

And the second one. It looks to me like a very bright day.

DSCF1429.RAF.xmp (8.7 KB)

1 Like

My version…

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (15.6 KB)

2 Likes

GG for the nice pic, I did not look at the exif to see wich lens you used but the fringing and the bokeh quality hints for a vintage lens ?
Anyway I took these feelings and went for a “hand colored vintage post-card look”

DSCF1429.RAF.xmp (20.9 KB)

2 Likes

I really like @arctic 's edit, I tried for a similar vibe using the darktable scene referred workflow and newer modules.

DSCF1393_01.RAF.xmp (22.5 KB)

5 Likes

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (21.4 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for reviving these photos of mine! And thanks to everyone who played with them!

Indeed it was a very bright day, which makes the contrast between the sunlit parts and those in the shade quite important.

I like the deep red tones you achieved here. The lens I used was a Fujifilm XF 23mm f/1.4, so not a vintage one.

2 Likes

Great photo, like always I love a good Play RAW bump :+1:

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (17.7 KB)

6 Likes

darktable 4.6

DSCF1393_05.RAF.xmp (37.6 KB)

3 Likes

DSCF1393.RAF.xmp (13.2 KB)

3 Likes

Another version…

DSCF1393_01.RAF.xmp (22.1 KB)

1 Like