proposed logo for ART

Let me join in on the fun. I don’t have an art background. Pardon my pun.

it works very well in miniature :+1:

It won’t work as an icon but it is only a concept at this point. I will redo it later.

Here’s a simpler variant:
logo256

Just my 2 cents here: the logo’s seem to suit a painting program more because of the brush strokes.

I tried something a bit more pixelated in the same vein:
ART-logo-concept

(very quickly done in Krita, source available if necessary)

Another take. This time more minimalist. Is a little artsy, a little technical, has RGGB and cross hair.

art-icon2

Simplified version of my first take. Edit changed yellow to grey.

art-icon1

Not bad! Maybe a little bit too windows 3.1, but that is not necessarily a blocker :wink:
This is getting complicated… But now I’m hooked, I want a new logo :frowning:

If you have more suggestions, please comment! Bonus if you include some motivation for your proposal. Fwiw, the current logo was meant to be “RT with a different spin”, so the coloured top. The other one above goes more in the direction of being a pun on “art”: the framed painting with brush strokes that still remind of (the colours of) RT.
I quite like the idea of those of @afre, but I’m still not sure about the look

No problem, just having fun. :partying_face:

I like the brush stroke effects, though agree it makes it look more like a painting app than photo app.

Out of curiosity, have you considered any names other than art? It is not very search engine friendly…

Hi,

Yes, but the name is staying.

So is “windows”, or “apple” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, I don’t consider this a problem at all. Market share has never been a goal…

True, but I doubt you have their wealth for advertisement :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I didn’t mention it for market share. When I first heard about art I searched for art tutorial and you can imagine how well that turned out. But dont mind me, do your thing :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20200606_085634
An idea of the use of Art Icon within Lattedock panel

really very elegant the logo under digikam !! :joy: :innocent:

I am reasoably set on this:
logo32 logo64 logo128

4 Likes

Fine it looks like this Screenshot_20200606_095526

1 Like

Otherwise, I had other ideas (at the concept stage only…) that need to be worked on…

I see that I was very late - but I also like to have fun :wink:

art-1 MrQ

art-2 MrQ

Love it, but the brush strokes still irk me a little :wink:
My mockup with a pixelated version within the frame to highlight the digital approach. You go from outside (art, the real world) to inside (the digital darkroom).

1 Like

On the contrary we can think with pixels, that the software is not good enough not to see the pixels ! While with the other logo with the traces of paintings, we can think that the software is so good, that we can’t see that it’s digital !!! :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Summer of love style… Like it! :wink: