[pxChallenge] Civilization without people

Montréal, Christmas 2018/New Year 2019.

4 Likes

I had been meaning to post to this thread, but only found the time today.

This is on the way to Las Vegas, NV from Los Angeles, CA. I like going where people have been, but currently are not, so this thread suites my style well.

10 Likes

Okay, okay. I will  E A T.  (Cooking vegetables ATM.) I wonder how heavy that sign is…

3 Likes

PS: Does it not have some sort of resemblance to darix’ avatar?

4 Likes

While on a project in Southern Armenia a couple of years ago, I came across this site …

3 Likes

So … finally I had the chance to get almost the idea I had from the beginning when I brought up this idea:

My original idea was a kitchen with food cooking on the oven and no people around. I only got a coffee being prepared but it had similar mood to what I had in mind.

2 Likes

A quick few from memory. I think there is something about railways, which are places intended for people, that look odd when there are no people around. Especially so when nature starts to reclaim and surround that infrastructure too.

3 Likes

Not that I have something totally new, but I like the single light in this dark scene.

Taken in Minden, Nebraska.

Old sailboat, Île-aux-Coudres, Québec.

4 Likes

Anthropocene.
Civilization?

5 Likes

Nice! A creature of our making.

It was a dark and stormy night…

5 Likes

@emem Not convinced that no one is home. Same with @anon41087856’s second image.

Still, thanks for sharing, both of you!

Monteal, Parc and Beaumont.

Okay, this one is kind of cheating too if you look closely, but I thought I should revive this topic now that some of us might have more opportunities for this challenge in the current situation.

Stay safe, keep your distances, but keep shooting if you can! :slight_smile: (ie. why not bring a camera when you have to go outside!)

3 Likes

If this weren’t a capture challenge, you could have removed the :biking_man:. Without cars on the road, the graffiti makes less of a statement. I guess that is what makes the image compelling. :slight_smile:

hey! spoilers! :slight_smile: but yeah, the graffiti is kind of the point, there’s usually much more traffic there on a “normal” day…

Definitely, time to revive this as a challenge. But make sure that the laws wherever you live allow you to be out shooting. I doubt pixls.jail is a viable option.

1 Like

I hear it is pretty strict there. Hope you are well @anarcat (and @elGordo).

1 Like

All good here @afre . I think we are both in the 6ix.