R&Darktable with early phase Color Eq module ...

Windows build with Color Eq…just introduced and a WIP…

2 Likes

Oh, color equalizer? This makes me very interested. I’m on Linux so can’t try. Could you provide some screenshots?

What?? I just downloaded and compiled R&Darktable this morning on my Linux desktop and the Color Equalizer is not there.

The version number is showing as 60bbf83

What’s up??

color equalizer seems to still be in it’s own branch and is not merged with master:

1 Like

I have explained stuff here:

1 Like

Thanks Aurelian, I can now compile from the dev option and see the color equalizer module.

Is this what I think it is? Suggestion to improve the Color balance RGB module · Issue #10474 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub ?

Explained here…

2 Likes

Correct…

See the PR link I posted…

@anon41087856 , nice to see things happening.
How do you want possible bugs and feature suggestions communicated pls?

Oh, didn’t know about these plans. This is making me very excited. Good timing because the last weeks I’ve been trying to leave the 3d lut module behind and grade with color balance rgb. However, because of the ineffectiveness of jumping between multiple modules with (with parametric masks) I gave up and went back to a single instance of 3d lut at the end of my pipeline.

Right, I completely forgot this issue, but essentially, yes.

On Github please, using issue tracker.

I can’t see anything on your R&D… github, so I assume use the standard dt tracker.

Right, forgot to enable it. Anything related to pixel pipeline will anyway affect both projects. Stuff related to GUI changes made on R&Dt obviously belongs to R&Dt.

Right on! Thanks for tackling this issue!

1 Like

I compiled the latest R&Darktable, and I just want to say well done on the Color Equalizer module @anon41087856 ! I already find it easier to use than color zones, and look forward to the guided filter feature. I wonder about the hue tab sliders, though. Wouldn’t it be easier to use if you restricted the hue shift up to the next node (45º in each direction) instead of the full 360º rotation? I’d say that would probably be the most common usecase, and if you wanted something extreme, you can always right click and type in the value.

3 Likes

Did you build from Color-eq or dev branch… I tried from the dev branch as it had one newer commit than Color-eq but it did not build for me…complained about something related to colorbalance rgb…just wondering. I asked AP on git but he has been busy I am sure …

I built it from the dev branch, but made sure to delete my older compiled version of R&D following @kofa 's advice: