Railway bridge with graffiti

Near where I live there is a nature reserve with a bridge that crosses the main railway line. I like the elements of the gate leading into barren countryside, the concrete bridge with puddles and the graffiti. I did a ton of stuff to it that isn’t meant to look realistic and certainly has a strong element of turd polishing. Just thought I would post this to see what different interpretations people would come up with.

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF (29.0 MB)
Brandon Railway Bridge_0014_01.NEF.xmp (87.8 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

6 Likes

My version…

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (20.0 KB)

8 Likes

Very bleak and moody

1 Like

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (13.3 KB)

2 Likes

More fun in GIMP.
I decided to emphasise the graffiti at the expense of the remainder of the image.

8 Likes

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (29.2 KB)

5 Likes

With ART 1.21

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.arp (11.7 KB)

Greetings. Roberto

1 Like

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (28.0 KB)

2 Likes

No attempt at reality here. Very heavy handed treatment with local contrast module to give the grunge look and then using tone equalizer to sort out the tones.
Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (10.7 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your contributions so far. I am enjoying the range of interpretations including the vibrant colours from @Roberto_Vacchi and the extreme grunge from @Terry. The twighlight version from @Popanz is creepy too! Good that ART is being used as well as darktable too.

Great photo…nice composition lots of great textures and colors… I went a bit comic book on this one… :slight_smile: perceptual and relative renders
Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (22.9 KB)

Same sidecar just a CC module for the BW version

2 Likes

I like these, even if they almost hurt your eyes! Emphasises the texture of the concrete. With the extra local contrast, the black and white version works well too.

1 Like

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (17.1 KB)

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Ya far more “video game” than reality there… thanks for sharing your image…

1 Like

Flourescent colors with RT 5.10-rc1, dead pixel filter.

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014-1.jpg.out.pp3 (14.8 KB)

2 Likes

dt 4.6, filmic

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.xmp (7.0 KB)

2 Likes

A great image to project some moodiness into. Cheers, @spidermonkey

Brandon Railway Bridge_0014.NEF.pp3 (25.9 KB)

3 Likes

A near perfect rendtion of what it actually looked like!

1 Like

Looks like a visit at night after somebody has dumped some toxic waste in the puddles…I like it though.

1 Like

Kudos, @dqpcoxeas, I like this look a lot! Any idea if this can be achieved in RT?

Terry

1 Like