The most important aspects of this release are Python 3.7 compatibility and support for the Canon CR3 file format. See the release notes if your version of ExifTool needs to be upgraded to be able to read CR3 files.
Full change log:
- Added support for Canon CR3 format. Requires ExifTool 10.87 or newer.
See the release notes for details on upgrading ExifTool. Note: program
performance with CR3 files is notably slower than other photo file formats.
Other photo file formats are read using the high performance library exiv2
to read metadata and extract thumbnails. Unfortunately exiv2 does not yet
support the CR3 format. Exiv2 0.28 will support the CR3 format.
- Fixed bug #1790351: Video date time metadata not parsed correctly when
‘DST’ appears in time zone component.
- Added support for FFF and IIQ raw formats.
- The MOS and MRW formats are now handled by ExifTool, not exiv2.
- Better handle Exif date time values that unwisely deviate from the Exif
Version 2.3 specification, e.g. Hasselblad files.
- Fixed bug #1790278: File renaming and subfolder generation editor breaks
with Python 3.7.
- Updated installation script to use “loose” instead of “strict” Python
- Fixed bug in installation script where a system installed Rapid Photo
Downloader package was not being uninstalled.
- Fixed bug #1791131: Report fatal camera access problem without crashing
- Improved install.py script to install libmediainfo0 on openSUSE where the