Raw Samples Wanted

I’ve uploaded a raw file for the Pentax K2000. I no longer own the camera (gave it my brother after upgrading years ago), but I still have the RAW files I took when I owned it.

2 Likes

Canon EOS R7
I’ll have a go at generating some samples for the cause.

1 Like

Hello! I have a Nikon Coolpix P7700. When I try to open a raw file in darktable a message pops up telling me that more raw samples are needed in order to keep the camera supported in future darktable version. If I search through the raw.pixls.us repo, the p7700 actually appears among the cameras with no samples (EDIT: …in the missing camera repo section raw.pixls.us, while if you look for the camera in the ordinary repository you will find it there aswell).
So I tried uploading some raw images and this message comes out: " We already have a photo like this! If you meant to do this, please tell us why yours is different. If this photo is part of the set you are uploading, please do submit it!"
What am I doing wrong or missing here? Thanks a lot for your work ad dedication!

Hm, not so for me, I guess there really is one available:

Sorry I think I was not precise enough. I do see it there, but you can find the p7700 on the missing cameras repo aswell ( https://raw.pixls.us/?missing#repo )!

Thank you all who has contributed samples!

I’ve done a through pass yesterday, and reviewed all non-DNG submissions,
and followed up with Acknowledge the cameras for which samples are now available on RPU · darktable-org/rawspeed@4a64fcc · GitHub

As a statistic out of ~135 known-missing entries, we got ~31 wanted samples, and are down to ~103.
I would say the progress is lukewarm, but better than nothing.

1 Like

about Pentax cameras: K200 && K1-II

Darktable says K200 PEF will not be transcoded in next version, unless samples are submitted, so I uploaded one old PEF sample. I don’t own the camera anymore, so I cannot produce new samples.

This page says K1 wanted, but when I uploaded a K1-II DNG file, it says “we already got one”.
Darktable compatible camera page lists K1-II as no/no/no.
It is not clear if a DNG is ok, or you need a PEF. I shoot DNG.

1 Like

Both. You can actually check what is available in the search box on the top left of the table.

The “no/no/no” is for the extra (optional) level of support: noise profile, white balance presets, and custom color matrix.

I would like to contribute to noise profile, white balance presets, and custom color matrix, but sorry, i do not really understand what I should do…

See Camera support · darktable-org/darktable Wiki · GitHub

Are Pentax K1 samples still needed? The issue linked to in this post is closed/resolved, but since the post has not been edited to remove the link to the K1 issue can I assume they are still needed?

I can provide a full set of Pentax K1 (original, not Mark II) images if so.

1 Like

Hi;

I am trying to upload a few raw samples from a Hasselblad X2S 100C
When I try to import the .3FR files into darktable today I get this message when I try to edit them:

darktable could not load ‘FILENAME’, switching to lighttable now.
please check that the camera model that produced the image is supported in darktable
(list of supported cameras is at camera support | darktable).

This camera is not yet supported, however when I try to upload the samples I get this error here:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, ico, dtstyle, txt, scm, pp3, svg, xmp, bz2, xcfbz2, py, arw, apng, orf, cr2, nef, dng, tif, patch, zip, 7z, rtc, raw, exr, hdr, raf, rw2, pfi, xcf, xcf, pef, icc, icm, pto, blend, dcp, xcfxz, xcfxz, ods, mp4, mkv, ogv, webm, cr2, nef, dng, cr2, pdf, kra, ntp, arp, fits, seq, gz, ssf, cr3, heif, heic, avif, crw, dtpreset, nrw, cfg).

I don’t think we have such filtering on https://raw.pixls.us/ ?
This forum might have that, though, @paperdigits ?

The forum does have filtering. You can zip the raw files.

RPU does not have filtering so far as I’m aware.

On raw.pixls.us we only filter on unwanted file extensions, and those are: png,jpg,zip,tar,rar,7z,gz,xz,tgz

Could potentially add zst (and bz2!) to this list as well I guess…

1 Like

Just added a sample for the new (not even for sale yet) Fujifilm X-S20. Hope it’s good enough. Got to play with it for an hour yesterday, but didn’t think to take any photos specifically for this, so it is what it is.

2 Likes

Hope you remembered to shoot in all the compression modes :wink:

Pretty sure this is the standard uncompressed format :sweat_smile:

Sure, but all modes are needed eventually.