Raw Samples Wanted

Known issue. Don’t know if DJI fixed this with the latest firmware…

My fault, should have been 0023.DNG ! :wink:

@Adric please upload those samples to https://raw.pixls.us

1 Like

I’ve got tweaked sony a6000 (a6001). I can not open the RAW file in darkroom, only can preview it in lightable. should I upload the sample?

Yes, please.

1 Like

Hope this IS the right place to post. I uploaded a set of Nikon D3S samples, but they don’t seem to have been foudn for 3.8.1. Can you please let me know if you can see them, and if they are wrong in some way let me know what you need…thanks.

Please don’t let the noble D3S become unsupported!

2 Likes

You are requesting RAW samples for camera PENTAX K2000. Please be aware that PENTAX K2000 and PENTAX K-m are the SAME camera - released in 2008 in USA and ROW respectively. Confirming info at Pentax K2000 - Wikipedia

You already have PEF samples of the K-m (and thus the K2000) at https://raw.pixls.us/getfile.php/622/nice/Pentax%20-%20K-m.PEF

(Pentax did not support DNG back in 2008.)

I own a PENTAX K-m. The fact that they are the same camera is well accepted within the Pentax community, so we are used to the camera being referenced as PENTAX K-m/K2000 which is a suggested solution here rather than dropping support for the K2000 entirely.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

There are many camera models that are the same, for example Canon Kiss/Rebel/XXD. Samples from them are wanted anyway.

Right now the database seems not to publish the latest uploaded raw samples (busy, @LebedevRI ?)

Are you having problems with raw support for your camera?

Thanks for response. No. Just trying to help out following the request in
v3.8.1 in release notes for RAW samples - specifically PENTAX K2000. (I have
the K-m.) Understand, but in this case only difference is the badge/label on the
front.

I understand they are the same cameras but there is a difference in the metadata (the model name). There may be other unknown differences elsewhere in the raw file (the metadata).

I’ve uploaded a raw file for the Pentax K2000. I no longer own the camera (gave it my brother after upgrading years ago), but I still have the RAW files I took when I owned it.

2 Likes

Canon EOS R7
I’ll have a go at generating some samples for the cause.

1 Like

Hello! I have a Nikon Coolpix P7700. When I try to open a raw file in darktable a message pops up telling me that more raw samples are needed in order to keep the camera supported in future darktable version. If I search through the raw.pixls.us repo, the p7700 actually appears among the cameras with no samples (EDIT: …in the missing camera repo section raw.pixls.us, while if you look for the camera in the ordinary repository you will find it there aswell).
So I tried uploading some raw images and this message comes out: " We already have a photo like this! If you meant to do this, please tell us why yours is different. If this photo is part of the set you are uploading, please do submit it!"
What am I doing wrong or missing here? Thanks a lot for your work ad dedication!

Hm, not so for me, I guess there really is one available:

Sorry I think I was not precise enough. I do see it there, but you can find the p7700 on the missing cameras repo aswell ( https://raw.pixls.us/?missing#repo )!

Thank you all who has contributed samples!

I’ve done a through pass yesterday, and reviewed all non-DNG submissions,
and followed up with Acknowledge the cameras for which samples are now available on RPU · darktable-org/rawspeed@4a64fcc · GitHub

As a statistic out of ~135 known-missing entries, we got ~31 wanted samples, and are down to ~103.
I would say the progress is lukewarm, but better than nothing.

1 Like

about Pentax cameras: K200 && K1-II

Darktable says K200 PEF will not be transcoded in next version, unless samples are submitted, so I uploaded one old PEF sample. I don’t own the camera anymore, so I cannot produce new samples.

This page says K1 wanted, but when I uploaded a K1-II DNG file, it says “we already got one”.
Darktable compatible camera page lists K1-II as no/no/no.
It is not clear if a DNG is ok, or you need a PEF. I shoot DNG.

1 Like

Both. You can actually check what is available in the search box on the top left of the table.

The “no/no/no” is for the extra (optional) level of support: noise profile, white balance presets, and custom color matrix.

I would like to contribute to noise profile, white balance presets, and custom color matrix, but sorry, i do not really understand what I should do…

See Camera support · darktable-org/darktable Wiki · GitHub