Raw Therapee and multiple hardrive on Linux?

Här kommer

I have a Update. The install version do not work with my Photo disk.

But

The appimage of RT does work with my Photo Disk…??? Why???

What do you mean by “work with”?

And what happened after you ran the last line of that and RawTherapee started, what did you see in the “Filvy”?

I mean RT can see my sec (SSD Photo disk) and but only with the RT Appimage

I would compare the appimage and Kubuntu build logs. There might be an answer in there.

sjostrand@sjostrand:/mnt/80ae89cb-968f-4fc6-9262-0017685bc03f/Photo$ rawtherapee /mnt/80ae89cb-968f-4fc6-9262-0017685bc03f/Photo

Command ‘rawtherapee’ not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install rawtherapee

sjostrand@sjostrand:/mnt/80ae89cb-968f-4fc6-9262-0017685bc03f/Photo$

I beleive it the plathub version of RawTherapee that does not work propper

How install Raw Therapee 5.8 ?? because Kubuntu does not have RaW therapee 5.8

If you don’t have RawTherapee installed, how were you running it the whole time?

This might be solid *buntu advise, although I previously understood Kubuntu uses dpkg.

i did have it install from flathub. But this version is something wrong with, because the Appimage of RT works.

How can I install RT from developer direct because Kubuntu Programstore dos not have RT 5.8

You should have mentioned this 58 posts ago. You’re running some unofficial build - it’s not from the RawTherapee website, and it’s not from your distribution’s package manager.

Two ways forward:

1. File a report in your distribution’s bug tracker so that *buntu update RawTherapee to 5.8: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
  2. Use the AppImage from RawTherapee’s website.
3 Likes

So perhaps there is an issue with GitHub - flathub/com.rawtherapee.RawTherapee ping @paperdigits

1 Like

ye i think so but i don’t like appimages because not easy too update
But i don’t have another choice

RawTherapee’s AppImage has a self-update mechanism, not sure how to invoke it though.
Maybe:

./RawTherapee_5.8.AppImage --enable-auto-update

@Carmelo_DrRaw would know.

3 Likes

Thanks

BIG Thanks to All for this great help and experience for me as newbee on linux!

Yes, hello. The flatpak of RT is sandboxed and by default only allowed to access your home directory and /tmp.

You can override the sandbox like this: flatpak --user override --filesystem=/path/to/filesystem com.rawtherapee.RawTherapee or grab the app Flatseal, which will give you a GUI for managing flatpak permissions.

3 Likes

Thank you, Mica. The macOS bundle I generate is also sandboxed but entitled by signature to access / during the runtime. This is known as a temporary exception in the :apple: world. Is the limitation due to a flatpak organizational rule? If not I would consider looking for such an entitlement.

For flathub, they ask that the file system access is limited as much as possible, but it is still up to each developer. I think the access is reasonable, and flatpak gives control to the user to decide where to allow access. The user can grant permenant or temporary access through the sandbox.

Now, we can make our own flatpaks and grant whatever access we want…

I am one of the flatpak maintainers on flathub, so ask away!