rawproc 0.9 Is Released, and rawproc2 is Contemplated...

Thanks, this is all great information, and stuff I want to understand better!

One other question, when I used 0.6.2, and had use_camera_matrix on with colorspace set to adobe, it exported a file with a profile named “dcraw D65-adobe, gamma 2.4”. What was rawproc doing to build that profile, and how I can replicate it in 0.9? There was no camera matrix available (I presume, being too new of a camera) so I’m guessing rawproc built a default of some kind? I really liked the look I was getting.

It’s been so long since I’ve used that processing; I had to go run one… :smiley:

So, if you set the following parameters such:
input.raw.libraw.rawdata=0
input.raw.libraw.colorspace=adobe
inpug.raw.libraw.gamma=srgb

The image at input is already RGB, converted to and assigned the adobe colorspace, and the srgb gamma preset gets you 2.4, but that’s already what you were doing in 0.6.2… But, if you save this to JPEG without putting a profile in output.jpeg.cms.profile, rawproc will save the JPEG with that internal profile.

in rawproc I use the dcraw primaries to build the dcraw profiles for assigning to the dcraw images; it’s all internal, and i don’t have files of them. One way to get a ICC file would be to use exiftool to extract it from a processed image that has the profile embedded:

$ exiftool -icc_profile -b -w icc somefile.jpg #courtesy Phil Harvey, from his forum.

Then, put it in the directory pointed to by cms.profilepath and you can use it anyplace in rawproc you can specify a profile.

1 Like

Hi Glenn, making a try with rawproc. I don’t know if that’s a good time…
I’ve followed your doc without (seeing) any issue, including librtprocess and wxWidgets, until the make of rawproc itself where I get this:

…/…/src/rawimage.cpp:407:30: error: ‘struct libraw_data_t’ has no member named ‘rawparams’; did you mean ‘params’?
407 | RawProcessor.imgdata.rawparams.shot_select = 0;
| ^~~~~~~~~
| params
…/…/src/rawimage.cpp:574:38: error: ‘struct libraw_data_t’ has no member named ‘rawparams’; did you mean ‘params’?
574 | RawProcessor.imgdata.rawparams.shot_select = atoi(p[“shot_select”].c_str());
| ^~~~~~~~~
| params

I’m running Debian sid, cmake version 3.22.1, GNU Make 4.3 and g++ (Debian 11.2.0-12) 11.2.0. Any tip to go further ? TIA.

Yep, those changes showed up with the most recent libraw snapshot. I accommodated them in the just-released 1.2 code.

If you prefer to continue with the source tree you have, make the changes specified here:

https://github.com/butcherg/rawproc/commit/514e22fcdb5acce1960e59ae91790403ea5cb924

Ok, my libraw version is 0.20.2-2.
I’ll make a try reverting the above commit.
Thanks!

Went alooking for where they made the change, couldn’t find it. Last good link before that change was with the 202101 snapshot…

I can launch rawproc, get the help.
When I open an image and accept apply colorspace I get this.

And maybe some others…
Then it opens the image and I can start to explore the tool ! :smile:

EDIT1 On github it is said :

requires the user to specify a profile directory…

Where I have to do that ?

EDIT2
On the console I’ve a log of this:

(rawproc:42149): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:16:16.751: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion ‘size >= 0’ failed in GtkCheckButton

It looks like you’re using wxWidgets 3.1.5. I need to sort out where that’s happening, but for now I recommend using 3.1.4. If you don’t mind clicking through them, there’s no harm.

In the properties, you need a cms.profilepath. rawproc expects to find all of the ICC profiles in that directory, camera, working, and display/export.

Open the help, go to “How to use rawproc”. Right at the top of that page is a Setup section that’ll tell you about all the properties that you need to get started.

Gtk kicks a lot of these, with no consequence. I stopped chasing them a while back when I couldn’t find them in rawproc; appear to be in wxWidgets.

Thanks for the answers. Started to read the help !

1 Like

I find it really handy to help me remember what I coded… :laughing:

Settings. Whatever the icc profile I select for display.cms.displayprofile (including sRGB.icc) I get “CMS:disp_error (-)” in the bottom bar and the image darkens. Is that ok ?

Hmmm… the only thing that comes to mind immediately is that there’s no input profile for the display transform. Somewhere in the tool chain before where you want to display (the checked tool is the displayed image), insert a colorspace tool and assign a profile there, either select the camera profile at the bottom of the params pane or specify a file in the file box.

If you opened a JPEG or other rendition format that contained an embedded profile, that should be used, without having to assign a profile manually…

Edit: if you have a suitable input profile for the display transform, you should see “CMS: display(-)” or “CMS: display(n)” with a number corresponding to the display upon which rawproc sits if you defined mulitiple display profiles.

Put this in input.raw.default:

group:colorspace:camera,assign;subtract:camera;whitebalance:camera;demosaic:proof blackwhitepoint:rgb,data

This will process any opened raw to a linear RGB. You can subsequently break the group apart by right-clicking the group tool and selecting “Convert group to tool list”, and then be able to modify the individual tools. Or, just change the group in input.raw.default to remove the group…

Whatever I do here, the error message stays.
The only way to get rid of it is to remove display.cms.displayprofile in properties. In that case I get back “CMS: display (-)”. The help says that in this case rawproc uses the internal sRGB profile.

That would then indicate that the display profile isn’t valid in some way. I thought I’d trapped all that, but LittleCMS is a large black box…

I know Elle’s sRGB profiles work as display profiles, try this one:

Post your sRGB.icc here, I’d like to try it.

The krita’s sRGB one:
sRGB.icc (6.8 KB)
My monitor:
samsung_D65_100_20211213.icc (2.3 KB)

With or without group in there, I don’t see any group in the toolchain.

About the Elle’s profiles, I’ve seen once one of them work, but I don’t succeed in reproducing …

Okay, the last thing I can think of would be the cms.profilepath, if they’re not in that directory or the path is not right, that’d explain why both profiles don’t work.

I tried the Krita sRGB, put it in my cms.profilepath directory, works fine…

Edit: I’ve always used absolute paths here, haven’t tested relative paths…

Does work ! Understood. I have to put all profiles in the same folder (as the help says …).

1 Like