RawTherapee 5.10 Release Candidate 1 ready

RawTherapee 5.10 Release Candidate 1 is now available. This is the final step before the proper release of 5.10. Please test the release candidate and report any major issues hindering normal use on supported systems here. For other issues found during testing, please report them as described in How to write useful bug reports. If everything is fine, 5.10 will be released in a week or so. Otherwise, we will try again with release candidate 2.

Windows and Linux (AppImage) automated builds are available for download on the nightly-github-actions page. The macOS package is provided by @HIRAM here. For everyone’s convenience, here are direct download links for the automated builds and the source code tarball.

Edit: Added the macOS link provided by Richard.

27 Likes

@Lawrence37

Thank you for this excellent initiative and this very good work necessary for the publication.

Of course, I will test.

:+1: :grinning:

Jacques

1 Like

Here is the link for the macOS build: https://r42.us/rt5

3 Likes

After an one-hour test ride with the AppImage, everything seems to work fine.

1 Like

Everything looks great from here. I had to make some adjustments to the white balance, but this was only because of the default settings to added features (not in any way an issue). Fantastic work!

1 Like

No issues yet after 2 hours testing on Windows 10. Great work, thanks to the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

No issues but do have a question under the Selective Editing Spot Method. RT 5.9-505 had a “Global” choice while this RC does not have that choice. Was that intentional as to the confusion of the “Global” spot versus “Full image”?

1 Like

Update: I’ve been trying to break this release since 2 a.m. It’s now 3 p.m. and I’ve not managed to do it yet. I’ve messed about with as much as I can mess about with, and I’ve looked at the results I’ve been getting in detail. In my humble and exhausted opinion, it’s more than good to go. I’m off to bed, now; I’m absolutely shattered, but please don’t feel sorry for me – I have one heck of a huge smile on my face, and my dreams will certainly be pleasent ones.

Thanks, yet again, for another triumphant release of RawTherapee!

2 Likes

The “global” point method is in the pre-dev builds, in the “laspotmain” branch.

3 Likes

Tested on Windows 11.
No crash so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

same here, no issues under Win10, great job thanks a lot to the devs!

1 Like

RT5.10-RC1 works without any issues under WIN 11…great job!

1 Like

Thanks for the hard work!

A couple of comments:

• Auto white balance is no longer available for non-raw images. I was hoping there would be a solution for this before release.
  • :pensive: Sad that my favorite new feature didn’t make the cut, Local Adjustments - Dehaze & Retinex Black slider
    Black slider
1 Like

@chaimav
Barring miracles, which I don’t believe in, there won’t be a Wbauto for TIF/JPG for a long time.

The functionality you mention (black slider) is in the “lacam16n” branch (and also in “laspotmain”), with many other improvements there.

:wink:

Thank you for your testings.
Jacques

2 Likes

@Lawrence37

I was intrigued by @chaimav remark on the black slider in LA Dehaze & Retinex in 5.10 Release Candidate 1

Oddly enough this feature is in “dev”, commit d276a56.

Jacques

1 Like

Yes, it’s been in the dev builds for a while. And I must say it is an excellent tool. I use it very often to brighten faces. It does a much more natural looking job than either exposure or color & light for that purpose.

1 Like

RGB grey works again. Temperature correlation does not, but it never did. IIRC, it would always set the temperature and tint to 5000 and 1. Now it just uses the camera white balance. (And for raw files, both methods are fully functional).

The latest feature to make it into the release (with a few exceptions) are from some time ago. That’s because Maciek prepared the beta release several months ago. Since then, we’ve added bug fixes, camera support, and some very minor features.

1 Like

I’ll like this here as well in case anyone finds it useful:

1 Like

Thanks for the initiative. So far so good. No issues encountered.

Weird, it wasn’t refreshing the display when I was enabling it, but now it works. Oddly enough, the thumbnail on top was changing but the image wasn’t. I can’t replicate again it so I will hold off on a formal bug report for now. If anyone else can replicate let me know and I will file the bug report.