RawTherapee 5.5 is one week away

A bit of an update. It turns out the file does open, i just didn’t wait long enough. But the console opens a few seconds before the actual app opens. Closing the console closes the app as well.

Update 2. It appears to be a debug console.

• Rawtherapee console (@Carmelo_DrRaw and @gaaned92 builds)
    If you use context menu either open with or open with rawtherapee, a rawtherapee console opens.(I don’t know why)
    In the former case, you don’t have an edit console. As it is slow and you have to reopen RT for each image, I should prefer the second way.
    If you use Browse with rawtherapee there is no console.

• GTK warnings
    I cannot reproduce here on W10 with both builds.

I will have a look now

@gaaned92

Fixed

5 Likes

The console was open in the background, so I do not know exactly what I did to trigger the warnings.
Some stuff I remember doing (not necessarily in order)

• I looked around the settings to try to figure out how to set default demosaic to 3 pass + fast (still working on how to do this :thinking:)
  • I mapped to the HaldCLut folder
  • I mapped to the film sim folder
  • I edited a .RAF and saved jpg
  • Copied the processing parameters to a couple of other .RAFs
  • Fine tuned other .RAFs and saved as jpgs

I hope this helps

@chaimav film sim folder and HaldClut folder are the same right ? (sorry out of context) just making sure I didn’t miss out on a new feature to emulate films other than hald cluts

It’s the Film Simulation tool which uses the HaldCLUT directory

1 Like

Create a pp3 which does that and set it as your default pp3 in preferences dialog

Yes. Sorry about that. I was rambling on and didn’t realize I typed the same thing twice :flushed:

1 Like

Thanks. Although this does not seem like the most intuitive method. Are there any thoughts of making it a standard option in the settings dialog?

@chaimav Yet another button might not be helpful either, since RT’s interface is cluttered with goodies as it is…

@chaimav what would be more intuitive? From my perspective, that is the most intuitive.

I figured that demosaicing is something done on virtually every image I touch with RT and it it generally not something I generally fiddle with on a per image basis. Also there was an ‘out of the box’ default setting.

To me, my first place to look was to go digging around the preferences dialog for a dropdown to set a default.

P.S. out of curiosity, what would happen if I set my default pp3 on an X-Trans image but then try to edit a Bayer one?

It’s up to the RawTherapee xtrans users to vote :wink: I don’t own an xtrans cam, I just coded…

The xtrans specific settings won’t be used for bayer sensors and vice versa

If 3 pass + fast lives up to its promises (which in my very limited testing it does) , my vote is to set it as the ‘out of the box’ default.

1 Like

Demosaicing is something done on all raw images, as are many other things. All of those things constitute the processing parameters stored in a PP3 file. As such, editing the “default processing profile for raw photos” is how one modifies what happens by default when opening a raw file.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Main_Page#Processing_Profiles

1 Like

hey is there a list of new features between 5.4 and 5.5 ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not exactly in a user friendly format, but here is a source for a listing of changes

1 Like