RawTherapee 5.7 Released plus a new website!

The new build, along with website updates, is (are?) live.
http://rawtherapee.com/2019/09/repackaged-windows-build/

3 Likes

@fotomak

As on my W10 PC, I cannot succeed to make the RT plugin work, could you answer thoses questions please:

• where you download GIMP: from official GIMP.org, Partha’s build, other.

• do you have environment variable “RAWTHERAPEE_EXECUTABLE” set
    expected answer:no

• in the registry do you have those key values set to RT executables paths:
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\rawtherapee.exe
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\rawtherapee-cli.exe
    expected answer:yes

• in your PATH environment variable (system or user), do you have the path to RT executable
    expected answer:no

Thanks

@gaaned92
1./ I’ve downloaded GIMP 2.10.12 from GIMP.org (gimp-2.10.12-setup-3.exe - this is the latest one and think the only one now available @ GIMP.org - downloaded directly NOT via BitTorrent).
2./ I used to work with Partha compilations (2.8, 2.10.8/2.10.10/2.10.12) which are great and supported with more plug-ins etc, but now’ve decided to uninstall it and using only the .org compilation.
3./ Try to download RT5.7 from links placed by Carmelo_DrRaw
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/download/nightly/RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.exe
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/download/nightly/RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.zip
4. Try to, after installing RT, reinstall GIMP

5./ @Morgan_Hardwood
Im not sure if updated (corrected) compilation is the proper one at download link on the RawTherapee download site.

@Morgan_Hardwood
I’m not sure if updated (corrected) compilation is the proper one at download link on the RawTherapee download site :frowning: (may be it is only my impression but I’m not sure if the “old” one is replaced with the new, corrected one)

Thanks @fotomak
1- I tried with Gimp.org build, doing 3./ an 4 ./ with no avail
2- I verified that the RT answers correctly to rawtherapee-v -w

In december 18, after some corrections it worked ok on my PC.

So I am trying to understand what is different in my configuration and yours.

So could you answer my other questions please?

@gaaned92
1./ Answer to both: YES
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\rawtherapee.exe
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\rawtherapee-cli.exe
2./ I haven’t set environment variable to RAWTHERAPEE_EXECUTABLE means: NO
3./ PATH environment variable: NO
obraz

Thanks @fotomak . I have to search elsewhere :anguished:

Thank you!

np :slight_smile:
may be reinstall windows if nothing helps

That seems the very last move :scream:. I am not ready for that

Don’t do that!!!

Hi, thanks for the v5.7 release but I cant see a download for Mac, I can find the v5.6 install.
When do you expect to make the v5.7 available?

7 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes, 42 seconds from now… Maybe a bit earlier…

2 Likes

As soon as someone with a Mac decides to build it and share it with everyone.

1 Like

Congrats!

Thank you for the great software! I have been compiling on my Gentoo box for a long time, but for the new 5.7, it failed. Probably due to Gentoo upgraded to 17.1 profile, which moves 64-bit libraries away from /usr/lib, and now that /usr/lib contains only 32-bit libraries. I wonder where can I make sure cmake find my 64-bit libraries when compiling RT? Thank you!

can you show us your exact error?

Sure

make[2]: *** No rule to make target ‘/usr/lib/libfftw3f_omp.so’, needed by ‘rtgui/rawtherapee’. Stop.

Just found that replacing every instance of /usr/lib/ to /usr/lib64/ in build/CMakeCache.txt will let me compile successfully! But what could be the problem?

@Kings_Lee

1. Delete your build folder:
    rm -r ~/programs/code-rawtherapee/build
  2. Run the original, unedited build-rt script:
    ./programs/code-rawtherapee/tools/build-rawtherapee
  3. If an error occurs, paste the complete log from the moment you typed the command above.