RawTherapee 5.8 Released

Read the release notes and get it here:

38 Likes

Capture Sharpening - YESSS :grinning: :+1:
A big THANKS to @heckflosse, @floessie and to all the RT-developers, as well as this great community here @pixls.us!
Regards :v:

3 Likes

Awesome! Congrats to all!

A big thanks to all the developers involved! (^o^ )

Super! Thanks a lot!

For Capture Sharpening I really have to say Thank you to @XavAL!!! He helped a lot with tests and constructive critics.

Thank you, @XavAL

2 Likes

Well, thank you! :smiley:

But to be fair you were the algo wizard, and I only was annoying enough so you worked harder :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

In case any Mac people are looking here, there is a build to test:
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.8.zip
Do test and report.
Many thanks.

2 Likes

One question, in the Wavelenh dev version there was a ‘Clarity’ slider under Wavelet Levels, I wonder why that didn’t made it into 5.8. Not ready yet?

And what exactly is Post-Resize Sharpening? (I asked myself and found the answer here: Resize - RawPedia )

And big thanks for the largely collapsed menus! So much nicer for the eyes.

1 Like

Automatic profiled lens correction is not working in 5.8 but is in 5.7. Am I being stupid and missing some setting, or should I file a bug report?

1 Like

They are in the Mac app, so maybe just a problem with the windows package.

Many thanks to all the Devs!

Can confirm lens correction has been broken in Windows packages since around Dev build 5.7-429

Many thanks for the development work and I look forward to trying out capture sharpening.
However, profiled lens correction is no longer functioning - neither automatic or manual yield a camera/lens match.

I have raised an issue for the Windows build on GitHub.

David McA

3 Likes

No files in my lensfun folder in version 5.8 versus version 5.7.

1 Like

That solved it for me. I just needed to copy over the data from the folder. The default folders are:
Copy from \Program Files\RawTherapee\5.7\share\lensfun
to \Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\share\lensfun

A new Windows installer which includes the lensfun (Profiled Lens Correction) database will be uploaded later today.

A macOS build is also on its way.

2 Likes

Get the repackaged Windows build and the macOS DMG from our website:

6 Likes

Just compiled and had a quick play, THANKS.

Congratulations for your work guys.

4 Likes

I was having issues opening MacOS builds but 5.8 works perfectly. Thanks to all for your effort. It’s really appreciated.

2 Likes