RawTherapee 5.9-rc1 ready for testing

Hey

In preparation for the release of RawTherapee 5.9, we have made a test in the form of release candidate 1 (rc1). Please test that it runs well on supported platforms (operating systems which have not reached end-of-life, e.g. Windows >=10, Ubuntu >=18.04, etc). If it does, we will release 5.9 in a few days.

29 Likes

Thanks a lot! The pre-release 5.8.3165 compiled by ganeed works great.
edit: 5.9 rc1 does so too

I really hope you are doing well :hugs:

1 Like

I’m not a regular RT user, but I just tried the release candidate on Win 11, and it worked perfectly on a brief run over a couple of Sony raw images. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Windows 11 here. Worked fine on CR3s, known metadata omissions aside.

1 Like

RT 5.9-rc1 works great for me on Win 10. Have been working with the Dev version for quite a while. Thank you for all your hard work!

1 Like

Thanks for getting stuff out and for the announcement post @Morgan_Hardwood !

I would prefer to give people a little more time to really go bughunting on this RC. There are probably still users that never updated from 5.8 to a development version but will run into regressions now. Let’s aim to be in time for Christmas, okay? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for these great news! My first tests on Windows 10.0.19044 with cr2, arw, orf, dng, jpg worked fine like with the latest dev versions.

Edit: My tested orf files come from a OM-D E-M5 Mark II.

1 Like

What about Nicholas day (December 6)?

3 Likes

At first sight the AppImage seems to work fine on Xubuntu 20.04.
And welcome back @Morgan_Hardwood !

1 Like

I installed the Win64 release on my Windows 10 computer. ORF files are not working at all. I also have the latest dev version, also with not working ORF files. So nice there’s a new version, but alas useless for me. I will have to wait a little longer I quess.

Jan

At first sight the AppImage seems to work fine on Manjaro Linux.
The great world of Rawtherapee cheers and rejoices with @Morgan_Hardwood reappearance.

1 Like

Jan, my tested orf files come from a OM-D E-M5 Mark II. I edited my above post…

OK, thanks. Mine are from the OM-systems OM-1.

Most Olympus cameras are supported, but OM-1 is not supported yet.

Looks OK on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Doesn’t work correctly with CR3 files from my EOS R7:

• Weird colors (not always)
  • black border on top and left side of the image
  • pink line at the top of the image.

Seems like I have to use ART 1.16.4 or Darktable 4.0.1 for the moment.

This is good news!

Does it include heal and cloning tools?

Yes, there is a basic clone tool in this version.

thanks been looking for clone and heal tool. I do a lot of cloning & healing and it’s really convenient if will be convenient if it’s included here. You mentioned clone but is heal included as well?

Kevin “C.” Prince