RawTherapee Wavelets

I have RawTherapee on W11.
In the advanced Tab is Wavelets. In the Contrast part, at bottom, is ‘Selective Luminance Range’, & further down is ‘Chroma’.
Both don’t work. Still. And a colleague using dev build says the same.
Anyone know why and if they will get fixed?? I’m writing here 'cos I just don’t know how to make a bug report.

What version are you using?

Wavelets Module in Mac Release and Dev Appears broken in dev and, for what it’s worth, the last release.

@DaiAppy

Thank you for reporting this bug, this proves at least one thing, it is that users are using “wavelets”

Indeed there is a malfunction for the “selective range” part.
I haven’t touched this code in several years. So probably an interaction with other code that uses wavelets - probably at the level of “Local adjustments”.
I’ll see what I can do.

Be patient, the code is complex…

Jacques

I use wavelets in RawTherapee but only in the ‘Contrast By Detail Levels’ form under the second Tab.

At my old age, I find the GIMP’s Wavelets in layers form a lot easier to understand and use, sorry.

I use wavelets all the time (Arch Linux).

I found where the malfunction comes from. It’s just an oversight.
I check and make a pull-request

But you can hardly say that I’m a young kid :wink:

Jacques

I just create a Pull-request
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/pull/7070

Executable
Exec wav_select

Funny thing, I find RT wavelets easier than DTs’ - and I’m 64!

If at all possible, I think there’s also a really epic thing happened in the Abstract Profile section of the dev build - that mid tone slider. That needs sticking in the public build asap if you ask me, and massive congrats to who put it in there…

Thanks. That’s a quick response.
Also thanx to all OS developers.

1 Like

Can a Mac build be done to fix this problem please?

Probably wise to wait for the fix to be merged first.

@Andy_Astbury1

I have no way of producing a Mac version. The most likely solution is to wait until I “merge” this PR, then someone makes a Mac version.
I think the malfunction is corrected, to confirm.

Jacques

1 Like

I just merge the pull-request in dev

Jacques

1 Like

Thanks. I now have RT dev version, and the selective range is working. I guess I should be using the dev version all the time 'till 5.10 is updated. Ch.

1 Like