Pat David has kindly opened this sub-forum for me (and other G’MIC enthusiasts, I hope I won’t be alone here ). So Thanks Pat, and let me start with a first post about a new release of G’MIC (numbered 126.96.36.199)… I’ll mainly use the pixls.us forum in replacement of the G’MIC discussion group on Flickr in the future.
I hope you’ll enjoy this release !
Download link for the GIMP plug-in : http://gmic.eu/gimp.shtml
[all] New command -shape_polygon which outputs a 2d polygonal binary mask with specified geometry.
[all] Added function date() into the math parser, to get info about the current local time.
[all] Embedded math parser now recognizes functions cbrt() (cubic root), hypot() (hypothenuse) and normN() (where N is an integer or inf).
[all] Added command -normlp to compute the pointwise Lp-norm of vector-valued images.
[gimp] New filter Artistic / Bokeh (recoded from scratch, it replaces the old filter having the same name). [backported].
[gimp] New filter Degradations / Rain & snow. [backported]
- [gimp] New filter Rendering / Neon lightning. [backported].
- [gimp] New filter Layers / Stroke. [backported].
- [gimp] New filter Lights & shadows / Light leaks. [backported].
- [gimp] New filter Degradations / Chromatic aberrations. [backported].
- [gimp] New filter About / Search filters. [backported]
- [gimp] New filter Arrays & tiles / Grid [triangular]. [backported]
- [gimp] New filter Various / Intarsia that generates graph charts for crochet/knitting.
- [gimp] New filter Colors / Channels to layers. [backported]
- [gimp] New filter Colors / Selective desaturation. [backported]
- [gimp] New filter Deformations / Drop water. [backported]
- Most of these new filters have been integrated into ZArt too.
- [all] Doubled the size of the hashcodes for reference commands and variables. Make command and variable lookup faster.
- [all] Command -shift now perform linear interpolation in case of non-integer specified vector displacement.
- [all] Improved the management of command shortcuts.
- [all] Added additional checking to avoid image conflicts when running multiple threads with command -parallel.
- [all] Command -sprites3d has been recoded and better manages alpha-channels for sprites.
- [gimp] Previewed image has now a minimal size, so that having tiny preview images is not possible anymore.
- [gimp] Language used for plug-in GUI is set to the one defined in GIMP preferences if any.
- [gimp] Update files can now be manually copied into the .gmicrc/ folder directly in compressed format. It eases manual updates from the G’MIC server.
- [gimp] Clicking on the Apply button now temporarily hides the plug-in dialog window during the filter computation. It avoids people trying to cancel the filter using the main dialog window (which was not possible anyway).
- [all] Fixed command -med, used by many other command (like -std_noise). [backported].
- [all] Fixed 3d rendering bug when using z-buffer and sprites with only a transparency mask.
- [all] Fixed error messages (missing info) when verbosity was set to <0.
- [all] In math parser, function fdate(), filenames with spaces are now allowed.
- [all] Added threshold in Vanvliet smoothing to avoid out-of-bounds results with small variances.
- [gimp] Avoid plug-in aborting when trying to set out-of-range opacity value for a layer.
- [gimp] Avoid plug-in preview layer mask if selected. Now previews only ‘regular’ layers.