Release of G'MIC 2.4.0

Thanks. Looks okay so far. Hope it stays that way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks David

I recently updated my system (Ubuntu 18.04) and have Gimp 2.10.6 with now the G’MIC for Gimp 2.4.0
I miss the Color Grading Filter, what happened to it? in the online tool is available.

How can I bring it back or f there is any alternative to that powerful filter.

Have you clicked the Refresh Filters button at the bottom of the filters list?

2 Likes

Silly me, totally forgot about that, thank you @paperdigits!!!

I wonder if there is a way for the installer, plugin or CLI at first launch to prompt for an update or refresh. I know that I need to do it but always forget. It gets me every single time!

1 Like

G’MIC actually tries to get the update at the first launch, but sometimes the first update fails for some reason (firewall, network problem, or other…).
The recent versions of the plug-in installer provide one version of the update file that is installed in the G’MIC user directory (but if you use the .zip package, you won’t get it installed).

Let me clarify. I would rather get a prompt reminding the user to update or refresh. I am okay with the automatic download but some people might not. An alert would cover both cases.

Hey, David. Had to revert back to 2.3.6 since my favs don’t work right (click on a preset, but it stays with the previously chosen G’MIC preset even though I highlighted my chosed FAV) even after I updated all presets. Not sure why this is. I do use the ZIP file so it may be something might be missing, but I confirmed that the update (2.4) did show up after doing so. :slight_smile:

Same for me Lyle, i revert back to 2.3.6 and the gmic_qt_faves.json now works fine.
Debian 9 64 bit gimp 2.10

So it’s not just with Windows version of GIMP 2.10, then. Hmmmm. Bet you there’s a simple reason and David will get it fixed soon enough Mau-Cro. :slight_smile:

Lyle, David is changing some lowercase in uppercase…

Maybe this breaks your favs?

There must be a reason for these changes, I’m curious…

Just need a plan of action if you will, iarga. If I have to (though don’t want to since I have around 35 favs saved; lol), I suppose I might have to recreate them all. Hope not. We shall see. :slight_smile:

Lyle, thats happen yd 25 oct for me,
before 2.4.0 work fine with no problems (build and in use from 14 oct ),
so i presume its something in update240.gmic file.
Example my fav ‘constrained sharpen’ work before, now it stays with the previously chosen G’MIC preset

More info:
verbose to log file
when i click blocked prefs:
[gmic_gimp_qt]./preview/ v -99 fx_pahlsson_descreen_preview 0

and fx_pahlsson_descreen its prev last working fav clicked.

working pref:
[gmic_gimp_qt]./preview/ v -99 mc_fx_zonesystem8_preview 1,10,0,255,0,0,0,0,0,2.5,1.7,1,0

It did me agree to Piet

http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/piet/samples.html

1 Like

Hi Lyle,
This is an issue we are trying to fix. Hopefully, the next release 2.4.1 will take care of this.
So what I could suggest right now is : don’t delete your faves, they should be back when installing the upcoming version.

Appreciate the follow up, David. Yeah; I just reverted back to 2.3.6 (favs intact). I’ll wait for the 2.4.1 update. Still, G’MIC’s my favorite. Entered a DPR contest showcasing favorite plugins, and, of course, I rendered something using my favorite one. :slight_smile:

https://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=1089519&View=All&Rows=4

1 Like

@lylejk, I’ve released new version 2.4.1 today, so could you please install it and tell us if your favorites are back ? Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried the update; my favs work. Thanks a heap, David. :slight_smile:

2 Likes