Release of G'MIC 2.7.0

This is the no-changelog for the release of the 2.7.0 version of the G’MIC software.

What is G’MIC?

G’MIC (GREYC’s Magic for Image Computing) is a full-featured open-source framework for image processing. It provides several different user interfaces to convert/manipulate/filter/visualize generic image datasets, ranging from 1D scalar signals to 3D+t sequences of multi-spectral volumetric images, thus including 2D color images.

supportus

gmic_270

What’s new in version 2.7?

Lots of things!

I “forgot” to write a Changelog. It takes a long time and lately I’ve had very few, so I’ve preferred to focus on developing the software itself. Basically, a lot of code cleaning has been done, some optimizations (parallelization of some algorithms), and a lot of small bug fixes.
I invite you to read the news posted on the Twitter account (and there are many!) to see what has been done lately.

I am preparing a summary of the work done over the past year, which should be more fun to read than a Changelog:)

8 Likes

Thanks for the head’s up, David. Just finished downloading (not installed yet). Have to say, I like how fast fosshub is compared to past downloads (near instant). Cool that you now have them to host G’MIC’s files. Hope it stays fast. :slight_smile:

edit:

Do have one favor. If you ever do update Half-tone shapes, I would like the min scale settings changed from 10 to 5 (higher rez). Have to manually do so every time and when I update G’MIC, I have to re-edit it. lol

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just updated my presets and the 5 stuck. Thanks a heap, David. :slight_smile:

1 Like