Release of G'MIC 2.7.0

Inpaint [Multi-Scale] doesn’t refresh the preview when I change a parameter. A workaround is to select another filter and then re-select it to commit changes.

Fixed.

Inpaint [Multi-Scale] using output mode new layer(s) creates an empty transparent layer.

This doesn’t do that for me.
I have tested with a RGB and RGBA image, and the new output layer just contains the result of the inpainting.

Strange. I am using GIMP 2.10.10 (from Partha) with G’MIC 2.7.3. I tried it numerous times and it turned out that way. Then tried Blur [Gaussian] on the original layer to see if the same was true for it: nope.

Other things to note is that my input float TIF has values less than 0 and greater than 1, and that I painted an area red and then selected father around it. Even without negative values I get this

The red rectangle is the new layer. If I turn off visibility for the bottom layer, I get all transparency.

Ah you are right, it does that when working on a selection.
Probably a bug in the plug-in code, I’ll report that to Sébastien.

Was my fault, it’s fixed now.

Concerning help in gmic cli:

I have a new command (pink_new) in my community file. gmic h pink_new don’t show the help text, still renaming pink_new to let’s say pinknew it prints the help text. Anything with underscore in comments?

gmic h pink_new

shows only
pink_new :

nothing more!

That is strange, it works for me:

:~/work/src/gmic-community/include$ gmic h pink_new

gmic: GREYC's Magic for Image Computing. 
        (https://gmic.eu) 

Version 2.7.3 (pre-release #191001) 
        Copyright (c) 2008-2019, David Tschumperle / GREYC Lab / CNRS. 
        (https://www.greyc.fr)

pink_new:

Pink wrapper name,p1,...,pn (requires the PINK library to be installed).
      (https://perso.esiee.fr/~talboth/ISBS/Morpho/pink/doc/)
      prepares input, calls external "name input p1...pn output" and reads output (/tmp)
      and replaces positional image parameters bei temp. files
      ATTENTION positional image parameter are never spitted and merged
      similar to input and output images
      pink_new prepares selected images and image parameter as pnk files in 'auto' mode and
      creates a command string.
      Files are written as pnk files to temporary space, outfile is
      pnk file name pointing to temporary space.
      "pink_name infile p1 ... (px)imagefile ... pn outfile"
      GMIC_PINK_NO_RM true: created files are not removed
      GMIC_PINK_VERBOSE true: created cmd string and pink messages are printed

Example: [#1]  image.jpg +pink_new. asfr,5 \
                 pink_new.. asf,5

[#2]  image.jpg +blur 2 pink_new maxima,4

[#3]  sp ? to_gray ir. 0,50% +pink_new. distc,3 +negate.. +\
                 pink_new... dist,3 pink_new[1] bisector,[0] pink_new[3] bisector,[2] k[1,3] a c

[#4]  sp 2 +pink_new. dilatballnum,5 +-

[#5]  sp boats ir. 0,50% +pink_new. dilatballnum,10 +pink_new.\
                 . distgeo,.,4

[#6]  sp barbara +pink_new. seuilauto,128,max,3

Hmm, very strange. I thought that it might correspond with @afre remarks. I am using either 2.7.2 or 2.7.3 from yesterday on Mac.

If I recompile my community file, it works too:

gmic m karst…gmic h pink_new

What can I try?

It seems to depend on the input of the update file! I f I change there the line
#@cli pink_new : to #@cli pinknew :
alone, help works, of course with gmic h pinknew!

I have now tried most of my community commands help.
I cannot understand why some don’t list the comments and others do, no recognizable rule for me.
All commands are printing help if I recompile my file with -command!

Doesn’t work for me: http://www.cecill.info/licences/Licence_CeCILL_V2-en.html.

Ah, that’s the www. prefix that is not recognized anymore by the site server. I’m not sure why they changed that (and if this is a permanent change), it’s a bit weird.
Anyway, I’ll remove it everywhere I used it before.

Yeah, it seems that I have been reporting URLs for a while around here. :man_shrugging::woman_shrugging: Guess they change just as people change. :smile: Please change the community links as well. Thanks!

Didn’t we had a thread about pixel scaling algorithm? I think it’s about time to look into it - Pixel-art scaling algorithms . But, I would need a starting code to work with.

CLI

I noticed that boxfilter can do non-integer sizes. How is this accomplished?

Plugin

1 I noticed an issue with the rendering of the preview.

When I change an input setting, the preview shrinks by a few pixels and expands again vertically. This only happens when the window is a certain size. Perhaps, it has to do with rounding but that should be internal and not visible.

Sometimes, the shrinking sticks and reverses only when I click on the image. The problem with this is that the preview distorts slightly and I don’t know which state is more accurate.

2 This is a minor and funny bug. When I change any input setting, refresh the preview, etc., the Update filters button toggles on and off.

Off-Topic: I have some trouble building gmic-zart packages from gmic_2.7.5.tar.gz
E. g. src/ImageConverter.cpp:366:22: error: ‘struct cimg_library::CImg’ has no member named ‘data’; did you mean ‘_data’
Here is a full buildlog: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/448858302/buildlog_ubuntu-eoan-amd64.gmic_1%3A2.7.5+om-ubu19.10.1.1~ppa_BUILDING.txt.gz

Any hints?

Regards

Thorsten

:thinking: update (2.7.2) not accessing the latest commits.

2.7.5 didn’t seem to have my new updated code when I checked. I guess 2.7.5 and below is no longer supported.

About updates : I’m working on the next release 2.8.0 of G’MIC, and as some important things have changed, it would break the compatibility of the new stdlib with older versions, so I had to stop the updates for version 2.7.x.

So, now, updates are only available for pre-release version 2.8.0_pre. I’m planning to release binary packages for this version on different OS, maybe this afternoon.