I finally managed to get a new PhotoFlow release out! This new 0.2.8 version should be much more stable than the previous one, in addition to having an improved user interface and some nice new features.
Here is the changelog for this version:
- [raw processing] added fallback RAW decoding based on RawTherapee code.
Used for example for opening floating-point DNGs not supported by RawSpeed
- [film CLUTs] added support for reading bundled gmic_film_cluts.gmz file
- [plugin] moved GIMP plugin to external project
- Added optional support for sidecar files.
When exporting an image to TIFF or Jpeg format,
the editing configuration is saved into a file named .tif.pfi or .jpg.pfi.
Also, when opening an image named image.ext, the program looks for a sidecar
file named image.pfi or image.ext.pfi (in this order) in the same folder.
If a sidecar .pfi file is found it is opened instead of image.ext.
The sidecar files functionality is disabled by default, and can be enabled
via the settings dialog.
- Re-worked the UI layout, now with a single left panel showing both the layers tree and the controls for the active tool. Masks editing is now also performed in the same panel.
- Various improvements and polishing of widgets layout
- Removed dependency on GExiv2. Code now only depends on Exiv2. A bundled 0.2.6 version is used if not found on the system.
- [tools/raw processing] reduced memory usage during RAW image loading
- [tools/raw processing] RAW decoding updated to current RawSpeed/DT git version (as of 2017-05-25)
- [tools/raw processing] added support for per-cahnnel black levels
- [tools/lens corrections] completed optical corrections support, now also included in the RAW processing module
- [tools/lens corrections] added support for fixed-lens camera (from Darktable)
- [tools/crop] added top/left handles and fixed handling of image boundaries
- [gui] replaced GTK idle callbacks with Glib::Dispatcher signals, and improved thread-safety
- [gui] added expander for grouping additional tool controls, like horizontal/vertical shifts
- [gui] added more keyboard shortcuts (layer copy/cut/paste/deletion)
- [gui] using vips_resize() for fit-to-screen scaling
- [batch] enable outputting of .PFI files
- [build] moved GMIC code into a separate static library, to speed up parallel compilation
- [base] fixed threading of cache buffers for VIPS versions 8.4.*
- [tools/raw processing] fixed issue with SPOT WB when output is gamma-encoded
- [tools/raw processing] fixed spot WB when output image is in Lab colorspace
- [tools/shadows-highlights] Fixed processing of highlights
- [tools/clone-stamp] fixed various bugs leading to unpredictable crashes
- [tools/uniform fill] fixed initialisation of color selector button in UI
- [tools/lens corrections] fixed crash due to un-initialised pointers when camera/lens not found