Share the same mysql db with Windows and Linux

I am running digiKam 7.8 on a Windows 11 and a Linux 22.04.1 system.
They share the same database. With SQLite there was no problem. After a change, digiKam ask for the new path of the collections and then the Database was loaded.
Since i intend to increase the database (about 200k of images) i wanted to use Mysql Internal. I installed MariaDB 10.6 on both machines, but now it is impossible to share the same Database between Windows and Linux. I got the same error like here.
Is it possible to share the same Mysql Database between Linux and Windows?
Thanks for any hint.

Officially, with digiKam-8.0.0 it will be possible (also supported in the GUI) to “append” further paths to a network collection. It would also be possible with digiKam-7.8.0, but the database would have to be edited manually.

Thanks for your answer Maik.
What do i have to edit in the database?
At the moment, i have the mariadb server working in both systems.
But when I try to connect digikam in Linux after the db was used by the Winows System, i get the error:
The database is not valid:“DBVersion” setting does not exist.
With the DBeaver (Linux) and HeidiSQL (Windows) i can connect the user digikam and edit the database in both systems without a problem.

First you have to solve this database problem. If the DBVersion cannot be read from the Settings table, something fundamental is wrong. User unknown, or something like that. You could only see the exact details with a debug output from the Linux terminal or with DebugView under Windows.