Show me your artistic face!

het_ART.jpg.out.arp (11.2 KB)

Yes, this is the effect. It is basically a bloom effect but only in 1 direction. How do you do this? However, I do not have RawTherapee DEV :open_mouth: .

You can download the nightly from here, but hopefully within a month or two there will be a full release of version 5.9. I have been watching the conversations amongst the developers, and they seem to be nearing the establishment of a release date :partying_face:

In order to create the effect, I used Local Adjustments. As a primer for using LA, you should watch @Andy_Astbury1 's video. The interface is a bit hard to wrap your head around, but once it clicks its pretty straightforward.

I will try to work on a separate tutorial for lens flare and post back here, as I don’t want to highjack this thread.

Edit: The tutorial can be found here Tutorial: Using Local Adjustments to create lens flare

2 Likes

Years later … I am using Davinci Resolve to do this:

This is the effect is was looking for. I dont think it exists in Darktable or Gimp in that fashion.

1 Like

I attempted a quick mock up in RT 5.9

het.fortuin.rw2.pp3 (14.1 KB)

Frist of all, thanks for the photo and thanks to Daniel for reviving this.
Tried going for a soft Bubblegum film look.

het.fortuin.rw2.xmp (11.2 KB)

Done with Darktable 4.2

1 Like

My version…

het.fortuin_01.rw2.xmp (14.7 KB)

het.fortuin_03.rw2.xmp (20.6 KB)

My fun Gimp

GIMP-Hillustrative

GIMP-Hillustrative_GMIC-Comicbook

2 Likes

My try… Thanks for share this photo :wink: :+1:

darktable & GIMP.

Greetings from La Habana, Cuba.

10 Likes

@difrkaguilar Ha ha - nice one.

1 Like

I was thinking about integrating some 3d assets with Blender and compositing in Natron but I have almost no time.
Maybe in a few days I can try to do it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the space in the background. :wink:

1 Like

Darktable 4.2.0 into a videogame mood.

Marvellous.

1 Like