Show your best Macro shots!

Large skipper / Groot dikkopje

3 Likes

I always assumed they moved with pressure changes and alert the fly to movement nearby…

100% crop of a hoverfly, taking using my sigma 105 f/2.8 along with flash and diy flash diffuser. Forgot to say I also used the Raynox DCR 250 on the end of the Sigma 105.

6 Likes

I forgot to mention, this was a single image, no stacking.

1 Like

nice lightning. Show your diffuser :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here you go! I’m planning a mark 2 version :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so happy that this thread keeps being updated!
It collects so many wonderful and inspiring macro shots!
I’ll try to contribute myself again very soon…

3 Likes

Cuckoo wasp spec. / Goudwesp spec.

9 Likes

Ah nice… looks a bit big. Doesn’t it scare bugs away ? i already got the problem even without something hanging over them. I also like my diffuser foldable for easier packaging in my backpack
The results are good though

2 Likes

Yes, I did find my diffuser a bit awkward, especially if there were bugs in amongst trees / bushes where branches got in the way! I would be interested in seeing your diffuser set up if you could @andabata

My very first extremely lucky shot, Canon 55-250mm with close-up lens (possibly a Canon 250D)(also a 100% crop):

7 Likes

Allow me to contribute a few more images.

Probably my favourite subject to photograph, besides pretty girls, is the jumping spider. Here we see several shots of two different females, so I guess it’s still pretty girls.

5 Likes

First one was a lucky shot while experimenting with retro adapters, the second one was one focus hit next to 15 missed ones:

10 Likes

Haha, those weevils are funny. Lovely shot!

Ouch! I’ve been bugged!?!?!

Setup: Model = Dianthus. Zuiko 50mm/3.5 + 2x macro focusing teleconverter + adapter olympus->eos + adapter eos → fx + X-T3.

3 Likes

This one is from last year

15 Likes

Wooooooooaaaaahhh!

1 Like

I also love shooting those spiders! It’s amazing how they follow the camera with their eyes and head, as if they were curious…

:rofl: :+1:

11 Likes

Nice catch!!!