Show your best Macro shots!

Yes, I did find my diffuser a bit awkward, especially if there were bugs in amongst trees / bushes where branches got in the way! I would be interested in seeing your diffuser set up if you could @andabata

My very first extremely lucky shot, Canon 55-250mm with close-up lens (possibly a Canon 250D)(also a 100% crop):

7 Likes

Allow me to contribute a few more images.

Probably my favourite subject to photograph, besides pretty girls, is the jumping spider. Here we see several shots of two different females, so I guess it’s still pretty girls.

5 Likes

First one was a lucky shot while experimenting with retro adapters, the second one was one focus hit next to 15 missed ones:

10 Likes

Haha, those weevils are funny. Lovely shot!

Ouch! I’ve been bugged!?!?!

Setup: Model = Dianthus. Zuiko 50mm/3.5 + 2x macro focusing teleconverter + adapter olympus->eos + adapter eos → fx + X-T3.

3 Likes

This one is from last year

15 Likes

Wooooooooaaaaahhh!

1 Like

I also love shooting those spiders! It’s amazing how they follow the camera with their eyes and head, as if they were curious…

:rofl: :+1:

11 Likes

Nice catch!!!

This is a brilliant (if slightly terrifying) thread!

We get a lot of crab spiders in the garden here:

8 Likes

@patdavid Have a look :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My most recent series of macro, broken glass. I had quite the “happy” accident…

All are focus stacked, and batch raw processed in Rawtherapee.

11 Likes

@benp The second spider looks like it has another face that’s frowning or slightly amused.

@Waveluke Nice contours and framing. Makes me want to make edible glass, jelly or brittle. Hope it wasn’t a part of something expensive.

Nah, it was an el cheapo wine glass. Also, it didn’t look as amazing in real life, as I cloned out a lot of dust, dirt and irregularities, as well as glass inclusions. The pictures were only 12-24 mm on the horizontal length scale, so not really noticeable in real life.

I got the colors by shooting with a real backdrop of sky during golden hour, albeit with lots of cloud patches.

Was in the park a few weeks ago…

3 Likes

Oh man! Not sure when I posted in this thread last but here I come! Always with Darktable, Gimp, GMIC and Digikam, lately started to work a lot with ART as well.

Red velvet by Mike Bing, on Flickr

EMG03106-Thuis-ISO6400-dt_filtered-2020-web by Mike Bing, on Flickr

EMG01816-Maalwater-ISO200dt-gimp-crop-2020-web by Mike Bing, on Flickr

EMG01360-Bloesem-ISO3200_filtered-2020-web by Mike Bing, on Flickr

DMG08180-Fiets-ISO400-dt-gimp-2019-web by Mike Bing, on Flickr

DMG08171-Fiets-ISO2000-dt-gimp-gmic-2019-web by Mike Bing, on Flickr

6 Likes

/me starts pouring gasoline on the forums…

1 Like

@patdavid I am more anxious of Mike’s first photo. Gives me Sarlacc vibes. Good thing my last name is not Fett.

2 Likes