Show your best Macro shots!

@stonefree Love the freezing butterfly.

@RawConvert Is the spider upside down or right side up? How is it so still? Did you stun it? Is it dead?

@patdavid You just need to write a filter plugin but in doing so you might have to test it on images of and dialogue on spiders. Hence, a downward spiral of despair. :fish_cake:

3 Likes

No! It will rise up from the ashes stronger…

@afre, it was several years ago but I’m pretty sure it is upside down. You can just make out the chelicerae (just looked that up; fangs basically) with black tips. I erm, killed it, with white spirit vapour I think. :spider::cry:

1 Like

I have been trying to do mobile phone photography these days. This is the closest I could get with Open camera installed on Motorola X4.

4 Likes

Like every portrait, it’s all about they eyes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my attempt from years ago. I did not have a DSLR back then.

Imgur

1 Like

Nice mobile shots @shreedhar @Andrius. :slight_smile:

This was taken in early March of 2016. It was the first flower of any kind I saw that spring. Taken in natural, golden hour, early evening light.

3 Likes

That actually was a pretty bulky point and shoot camera with a good zoom :slight_smile:

I just bought a set of extension tubes, so these are my first steps into macro photography.

Nikon D5600 + 3 extension tubes + Nikkor 55-200

8 Likes

Great images @Carmelo_DrRaw !!

Oh, wow, it’s so nice to find such a thriving macro community on here. It’s my main interest in photography, by far.

I’ll contribute some images, hope you all enjoy them.

18 Likes

Hi @zerosapte and welcome to the forum!

Have you found this part of the forum:
https://discuss.pixls.us/c/showcase ?

I have a good quality digital camera body,
a few adapters, and a lot of good old manual lenses :slight_smile:
Great fun!

What is your set-up?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@zerosapte Thanks for sharing so many!

I have done better pictures, but this one is the scariest in my collection:

It is one of them:

The fly attacks its prey by stabbing it with its short, strong proboscis, injecting the victim with saliva containing neurotoxic and proteolytic enzymes which very rapidly paralyze the victim and soon digest the insides; the fly then sucks the liquefied material through the proboscis.

1 Like

I use a Sony a6000, extension tubes and a SMC Pentax M 4/50 Macro. (Some of the shots here were taken with a reversed SMC Pentax M 1.7/50)

All my lenses are vintage manual lenses from the 80s. I don’t have any lense that does AF and I am used to it that way.

I do have the same lens and tried it with a retro adapter, too. But I found it too hard to get the right focus. The depth of field was extremly short and without being able to focus at all I didn’t get the image composition that I wanted.

One of the few shots with a retro adapter that were in focus

Other ones without macro lens (SMC Takumar 55mm 1.8):

These are well nice

I am really glad to see that this thread is still alive!

Same for me…
Nice ones! I particularly like 3, 6 and 11!

Actually, that’s just a cool guy enjoying a milk-shake, in the microcosm world… :wink:

I really like the colors and geometry of this one! I would suggest you to push the contrast a bit further, for example with a darkening gamma adjustment…

Yeah, I did it afterwards after posting this as a PlayRaw. Someone had better colors and contrast and achieved this with a black-level correction which I didn’t use before.

Guess I am that someone. :stuck_out_tongue:
Wish I could actually take good photos like you all. :sweat_smile: