Show your best Macro shots!

Oe yes…Macro, my main photographic addiction.
IMG_0270
Common toad (bufo bufo)
IMG_0141
Thick-legged hoverfly (Syritta pipiens)
IMG_0175
Buff-tailed bumblebee (Bombus terrestris)

6 Likes

Here’s another one…

It was shot a couple of years ago when I was on a project in the middle of the bush in Zambia. I got down onto the deck and used a Sigma AF 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM with a Marumi Achromat close-up filter to capture this fuzzy critter.

kalumbilaMoth

4 Likes

So many “furry” “cute” bugs! Love it. :+1:

This one, one of my wife’s favourites, isn’t quite as furry…

BugEyed

6 Likes

Miniature Death Star.

Lovelies @Carmelo_DrRaw

I’m specially touched by the last one, also the colour’s palette; CONGRATS!
draw_bug8_palette

1 Like

Here’s the only one out of a bucket-load of macro photo attempts taken early yesterday morning which barely comes close to being “share-able”…

1 Like

Here is one of the rare pictures I have so far managed to take of a jumping spider!

The little guy was wandering in the grass, each time leaving me just a fraction of a second to focus the eyes and trigger the shutter… that’s one of the best shots I could get:

released under the CC BY-NC-SA license

Enjoy!

13 Likes

Nice! Jumpers are always awesome :slight_smile:

And some of the mushrooms i shot last month, inspired by some awesome shots from @Morgan_Hardwood

18 Likes

Nice! I particularly like #3, the light is just perfect!

longlegs%20spider

1 Like

That’s definitely not one of those bugs that in macro shots cause people to go “oooh it’s so cute!” :slight_smile: . I’m guessing it’s a spider?

Yes, a small spider.
I could have added a few details. It was done with inexpensive accessories, a Canon DSLR, then adapter to M42 thread, then totally manual extension tubes, then a standard lens, but the interesting bit!, you reverse the lens by means of an adapter which converts from filter thread to M42. So now the rear element is on the short distance to subject, and the front element faces the longer distance to cam sensor, just as the lens is designed to do.

@Stampede, it’s a bit like your picture - lots of legs and a few naughty bits. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re right! It’s just like mine. I don’t know why I spent all that time tuning my picture in GIMP when I could have taken a picture of a spider instead! Now I feel silly. :blush:

LOL!

I also have one of a jumping spider. Although, he was sitting nice and still because he was eating:

And this butterfly was not moving, cause he was too cold:
IMG_9443_1x

The beetle was also stationary, looking like it doesn’t do well with heights:

And these two flies were not moving, for obvious reasons:

Macros are much easier if the subjects don’t move :wink:

12 Likes

Love them, especially #2, #3, #5, #8 :stuck_out_tongue: mostly for the sake of lighter and more detailed shadows; if it weren’t for that I’d say I love them all :slight_smile:

Great, now I wanna go out and shoot some myself haha!

Here’s some of mine; not quite as macro, but done with the Nikkor 105 micro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the butterfly shot!!!

OMG those eyes!

THIS is why I’m gonna burn the forum the ground one day…

2 Likes