Siril Windows 64 nightly builds

You will find at SirilNightlyBuilds/ – Keybase.pub generic builds for Windows 64 built with MSYS2.
As I am not a Siril user, I am only able to test that the build starts.

2 Likes

Wonderful !!!
How did you do that?? I did not know keybase.pub, did you tried a script? Is it possible to implement it in our gitlab rep?

Thanks a lot!!

@gaaned92: I think that some files are missing.
Capture d’écran du 2020-02-10 20-11-24

In scripts you find one script file of Siril

Then, the SSL folder is needed for web connection:

scripts seem installed by the install step in ./share/siril/scripts.
I see 8 ssf files in it.
If it is not ok there should be a bug in the installation step…

In what subdir I must add it?

The dir is at the root:
Capture d’écran du 2020-02-11 07-14-00

I just installed the application, set up the required keys. The app install a mirror disk that you use like other disks (mkdir, rm, mv…). and keybase makes its magic! no specific script.
As it is based on a security keys system, I don’t know if it is possible to implement it in the rep.

thanks

1 Like

I will try on a windows system as soon as possible.

Are the libraries updated automatically before each build?

Build updated

On windows it is an app like other (bundled). There is an automatic silent update. It can be installed on Linux also I think.
What I see on the windows explorer:

edit: perhaps @patdavid and others have moe insight in what is and what can do keybase.

1 Like

Thank you very much,

A large number of Siril users who have Windows as operating system will be delighted to be able to try out this development version.

It’s great :wink:

Any update in the SirilNightlyBuilds?

Yes. It is working now.
Our gitlab CI build a package at each commit.

1 Like

Where can we download it from? I looked in the link mentioned in the first post and the latest one seems to be from February.

On our gitlab rep. But links change at every commit.
I think it is better to wait for the next official release that should be close :).

1 Like

I stopped to build Siril for windows for two reasons:

• @lock042 set up an automatic CI build for windows wher people can download nightly builds
  • I got building errors with Msys2 and as I am not a user as I intended to become, I did not try to correct.

For information, I get this error:

mkdir -p /d/programmes/siril/siril/subprojects/librtprocess/build && \
cd /d/programmes/siril/siril/subprojects/librtprocess/build && \
ls /d/programmes/siril/siril/subprojects/librtprocess/ && \
/mingw64/bin/cmake  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF -DOPTION_OMP=OFF /d/programmes/siril/siril/subprojects/librtprocess/ && \
make
build                 CPackConfig.cmake    ProcessorTargets.cmake
cmake                 DefineOptions.cmake  README.md
CMakeLists.txt        LICENSE.txt          rtprocess-config.cmake.in
CompilerChecks.cmake  pkgconfig            src
-- Building for: NMake Makefiles
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 10.2.0
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/g++.exe
CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: nmake /nologo cmTC_b6304\fast &&
-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/g++.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/msys64/mingw64/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:53 (message):
  The C++ compiler

"C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/g++.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: D:/PROGRAMMES/SIRIL/siril/subprojects/librtprocess/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):nmake /nologo cmTC_b6304\fast && Le fichier sp├®cifi├® est introuvable
    Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: nmake /nologo cmTC_b6304\fast &&

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:20 (project)
1 Like

That is not me :). A volunteer did that. Since we are on pixls.us, so many people help us. Thank you for that.

The error you have is for librtprocess. Need to check why.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have seen the same issue and asked the internet how to fix it. The answer i have found was that for MSYS2 cmake should be run with ‘-G “MSYS Makefiles”’.
I could not test if this fixes the problem as I could not figure out where in the autoconfig cmake is called first time for librtprocess.

Yes there is this reference to NMake which is weird in the context of MSYS2/gcc build

I have a librtprocess package generated locally and integrated to mingw64, but I don’t know with autoconfig how to use it.

We have a similar problem on macOS with autoconfig. The meson/ninja build system works as expected. but the CMake/autoconfig is failing on macOS+homebrew.

Yes.

git clone https://gitlab.com/free-astro/siril.git 
cd siril
git submodule sync --recursive
git submodule update --init --recursive 
meson --buildtype release _build 
ninja -C _build
sudo ninja -C _build install

should work

My first encounter with meson
I deleted rtprocess from mingw64

Run-time dependency rtprocess found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)

|Executing subproject librtprocess method cmake
|
|
||Configuring the build directory with CMake version 3.15.6
||Running: -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=cc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=c++ -G Ninja -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/msys64/mingw64 -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF
||  - build directory:          D:/PROGRAMMES/SIRIL/siril/_build/subprojects/librtprocess/__CMake_build
||  - source directory:         D:/PROGRAMMES/SIRIL/siril/subprojects/librtprocess
||  - trace args:               --trace --trace-expand --no-warn-unused-cli
||  - preload file:             C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/cmake/data/preload.cmake
||  - disabled policy warnings: [CMP0025, CMP0047, CMP0056, CMP0060, CMP0065, CMP0066, CMP0067, CMP0082, CMP0089]
||
||Running with trace output on.
||Running with expanded trace output on.
||Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
||-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 10.2.0
||-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/c++.exe
||-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/c++.exe -- works
||-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
||-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
||-- Detecting CXX compile features
||-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
||-- Performing Test WITH_WALL_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WALL_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WEXTRA_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WEXTRA_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WSHADOW_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WSHADOW_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WWRITE_STRINGS_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WWRITE_STRINGS_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_WRITE_STRINGS_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_WRITE_STRINGS_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WPOINTER_ARITH_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WPOINTER_ARITH_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_POINTER_ARITH_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_POINTER_ARITH_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WRETURN_TYPE_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WRETURN_TYPE_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_RETURN_TYPE_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_RETURN_TYPE_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WUNINITIALIZED_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WUNINITIALIZED_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNINITIALIZED_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNINITIALIZED_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WIMPLICIT_FALLTHROUGH_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WIMPLICIT_FALLTHROUGH_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WNO_FORMAT_ZERO_LENGTH_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WNO_FORMAT_ZERO_LENGTH_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WMISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WMISSING_FIELD_INITIALIZERS_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WUNUSED_LABEL_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WUNUSED_LABEL_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNUSED_LABEL_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNUSED_LABEL_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_FTREE_VECTORIZE_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_FTREE_VECTORIZE_FLAG - Success
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNKNOWN_PRAGMAS_FLAG
||-- Performing Test WITH_WERROR_UNKNOWN_PRAGMAS_FLAG - Success
||-- Found NSIS: C:/Program Files (x86)/NSIS/makensis.exe
||-- Found PkgConfig: C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/pkg-config.exe (found version "0.29.2")
||-- Found OpenMP_CXX: -fopenmp (found version "4.5")
||-- Found OpenMP: TRUE (found version "4.5") found components:  CXX
||-- Configuring done
||-- Generating done
||-- Build files have been written to: D:/PROGRAMMES/SIRIL/siril/_build/subprojects/librtprocess/__CMake_build
|
|CMake configuration: SUCCEEDED
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/mesonmain.py", line 131, in run
    return options.run_func(options)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 245, in run
    app.generate()
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 159, in generate
    self._generate(env)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 192, in _generate
    intr.run()
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 4372, in run
    super().run()
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 465, in run
    self.evaluate_codeblock(self.ast, start=1)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 490, in evaluate_codeblock
    raise e
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 483, in evaluate_codeblock
    self.evaluate_statement(cur)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 506, in evaluate_statement
    return self.evaluate_if(cur)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 587, in evaluate_if
    self.evaluate_codeblock(i.block)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 490, in evaluate_codeblock
    raise e
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 483, in evaluate_codeblock
    self.evaluate_statement(cur)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 498, in evaluate_statement
    self.assignment(cur)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 1151, in assignment
    value = self.evaluate_statement(node.value)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 500, in evaluate_statement
    return self.method_call(cur)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 895, in method_call
    return obj.method_call(method_name, args, self.kwargs_string_keys(kwargs))
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 1786, in method_call
    value = fn(self.interpreter, state, args, kwargs)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 285, in wrapped
    return f(*wrapped_args, **wrapped_kwargs)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 213, in wrapped
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 182, in wrapped
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/modules/cmake.py", line 295, in subproject
    subp = interpreter.do_subproject(dirname, 'cmake', kwargs)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 2735, in do_subproject
    raise e
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 2721, in do_subproject
    return self._do_subproject_cmake(dirname, subdir, subdir_abs, default_options, kwargs)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 2781, in _do_subproject_cmake
    cm_int.initialise(cmake_options)
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/cmake/interpreter.py", line 890, in initialise
    self.bs_files = [os.path.relpath(x, self.env.get_source_dir()) for x in self.bs_files]
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/cmake/interpreter.py", line 890, in <listcomp>
    self.bs_files = [os.path.relpath(x, self.env.get_source_dir()) for x in self.bs_files]
  File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.8/ntpath.py", line 716, in relpath
    raise ValueError("path is on mount %r, start on mount %r" % (
ValueError: path is on mount 'C:', start on mount 'D:'

Edit: I don’t know if it is related to librtprocess build. Yes it is related.
I searched for this error but found an abstruse (for me) discussion in Issue 7195: Value error 'path is on drive c: start on drive d:' in os.path.relpath - Python tracker.