Test RawTherapee 5.6-rc1

FYI, Linux users.

Forgot to mention - refreshed packages are available in ppa:dhor/myway (Ubuntu 18.04-19.04), Mint 19.x and so forth. Rawtherapee-unstable is a name for package compiled daily with use of GIT sources. It conflicts with stable rawtherapee, but… You know this already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Hombre has created a patch for the icon-size-fix branch, and was wondering @paulmiller if you could also test this patched mac build?

@paulmiller The idea is to report back the debug output here or on Github (you can set back verbode=false).

Launching patchAA with main font size set to 9:

Pauls-MBP:~ miller$ /Volumes/RawTherapee_5.5-292-gd01d99481\ 1/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/rawtherapee
GDK_SCALE is 1
Resolution / Before: 72.000
Resolution / After : 72.000
"Non-Default" font size(9) * scale(1) / fontScale(1.000)
CSS:
* { font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 9pt}

>>> RTScalable::init start
setDPInScale(72.000, 2) -> DPI: 144.000, Scale: 2
<<< RTScalable::init end

And then again after deleting ~/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee:

Pauls-MBP:~ miller$ /Volumes/RawTherapee_5.5-292-gd01d99481\ 1/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS/rawtherapee
GDK_SCALE is 1
"Non-Default" font size(10) * scale(1) / fontScale(1.111)
CSS:
* { font-family: Helvetica Regular; font-size: 10pt}

And this is the editor window:

RT 5.6-rc1Appimage running very well on Mint 19.1
I’m curious to know if camera dcpprofiles will be built in to the 5.6 image. My camera is Fuji X-T2.
I began using the RT 5.5 Appimage but discarded this in favour of the compiled version which enables access to all available DCP profiles. Hence I was able to find a profile for an identical camera sensor to the Fuji X-T2 - namely the Fuji X-Pro2 and X-T20.

@Fujiman were are the dcp profiles installed? The RT appimage uses a different config folder, not to conflict with versions coming from the package manager. Could this be the reason?

Does rawtherapee-5-6-rc1 has already the new Clarity function implement?

The 5.6 AppImage should contain the same DCPs as any other 5.6 build.

The Wavelets > Clarity sub-tool will not be part of 5.6.

Could you provide a sample RAW file, so that I can investigate the DCP issue?

Thanks!

Thanks @paulmiller for your test. In this latest patched build the font proportion has been changed. A sans font size 12 should result in normal size icons. If you can, give it a try.

OK, I launched the new version (gace5a0113-patchB), set the font size to 12pt (which made the text huge as before), and then relaunched it. The resulting editor window is this:

The debug output is:

GDK_SCALE is 1
"Non-Default" font size(12) * scale(1) / fontScale(1.000)
CSS:
* { font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12pt}

@paulmiller off-topic, if you own a color target, RT could use your help. We have a DCP for the Canon PowerShot G7 X but not for the G7 X Mark II. You could help by sending raw photos of the color target in daylight + incandescent tungsten light to me. By sending them, you confirm that you are the author of the photos and you are putting them into the public domain. Shooting guide here:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_create_DCP_color_profiles#Shooting_the_Color_Target

@paulmiller Thanks for the test.

… & all : The HiDPI support is in fact a tweak, the same kind that DT uses, i.e. it force a GDK_SCALE to 1 and manually handle the 2x resize. It works well for Linux and Windows, but not for MacOS it seem. So until we update our HiDPI support, MacOS users who wants to have sharp icons will need to avoid HiDPI resolution as shown here (but does this panel still exisit?) or here (the one with the thunder symbol should be avoided).

@Morgan_Hardwood asked for making this pseudo-HiDPI support optional, which can be done in the Preferences/General panel of the latest dev version (included in future RT5.6rc2). Of course, your icons and preview image will be blurry, like for RT5.5.

In your screenshot the slider is dark grey
grafik
but should be blue
grafik

Is there an issue with the TWB theme or did you modify the theme?

@paulmiller given the info @Hombre just posted, here is the latest dev build for testing,
https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.5-306-g7d33fc40c.zip

I accidentally changed the theme to “TooWaGrey” by scrolling while my mouse was over the theme popup (easily done if you’re used to the behaviour of Cocoa controls). The sliders are blue in the default RawTherapee theme.

@HIRAM:
I’m getting a “not found” when I try that link…

@Morgan_Hardwood:
I don’t actually own a ColorChecker target, but I may be able to borrow one. I could send you the shot I already have, but it isn’t under controlled lighting conditions and it is somewhat underexposed…

@paulmiller I can wait for the proper shots.

Adding tools to “favorites” tab removes them from their usual places. It is not convinient. Can it be modified ? Adding tools to “favorites” tab must leave them intact on their usual places imho.