Thank you for the software

Hey!
I’m new to this forum. After a few years, I took up photography on a more serious level again, and I decided to explore what open source software could offer in terms of raw converters, and I found RawTherapee and Darktable. In the past I have mostly used Ligthroom, which for good or bad has become something of a standard in the pro world. However, my own experience with Ligthroom is not only positive and their monthly pricing sucks. So I turned to alternatives, and since I knew Linux and Open Source in advance, I looked for alternatives for a Linux machine. However, my past experiences with open source photo software were not very positive - due to lack of color control, poor layouts and buggy software. But this time it is completely different. So far I have mostly used RawTherapee. I have to say that I’m really impressed. The more I use it the more impressed I am. Still. I will be digging into Darktable sooner or later as well. I shoot with Fujifilm cameras and I want to find out which of the two software is best when it comes to managing X-Trans raw data. My question at the moment is. I have been looking for the possibility of donations for the development of RawTherapee, but I could not find any such information. Is there no such need? And again, big thanks to those who have developed the amazing software.

5 Likes

Hello @Humboldt,
indeed Darktable and Rawtherapee are extraordinary software.
I also advise you to have a look at the Art software which is a fork of Rawtherapee, simpler and very efficient with the possibility to do local processing !!! it’s just extraordinary.

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/art-new-releases/16500

1 Like

Hej @Humboldt och välkommen!

I use an X-T1, and I like how darktable, RawTherapee, as well as Art
handle X-trans files.

Have fun!
Claes i Lund

1 Like

Hi @Humboldt

You can make a donation to RawTherapee through here:
https://www.paypal.me/rawtherapee

1 Like

Tack

Hi, is this link still operational and accepting donations for RT project?