The 180-Euro-photo-series

Beautiful location. About children: it depends on the fitness and the adventurousness of the parents. During a camping trip with portaging and white water, I saw a family with children white water canoeing. The children weren’t even seated properly. They were sitting on decks with their legs dangling

with their colouring books and toys, while going down a drop and bend. There, I could see a broken canoe underneath the foam and spray. Now that is dangerous! But the family was unfazed as if they were chilling in their living room. Oh dear.

1 Like

exactly!

I think this mountain is called Bosruck, though I am not 100% sure. It is very close to the Dr-Vogelsang-Klamm in Spital am Pyhrn.
The sky in this capture was actually competely overexposed, somhow I was able to repair it with darktable’s graduated filter.

5 Likes

Dr-Vogelsang-Klamm

6 Likes

The river Kamp in the Waldviertel, view from the Bründleitensteig

2 Likes

I like this one!

Thanks for the likes!

The Schlögen Danube View in Upper Austria, shot yesterday, edited with darktable

8 Likes

wow! that’s really a great view, I also like the colours!

1 Like

I like the photo, nice shot. But whatever you have done to the sky it is to much.

This is a landscape in the Pesenbachtal (Pesenbach valley) in a region called Mühlviertel. It’s close to the Bavarian border.

4 Likes

Took this photo on the Schneeberg in Lower Austria at an altitude of 2000 m.

6 Likes

That sky looks like a painting. Nice!

1 Like

Picturesque.

(On the editing side, the details are a bit splotchy in the foreground and there is fringing where it meets the sky.)

1 Like

Neckarsteinach (Germany)

2 Likes

Your framing has improved a lot since the first image. :+1:

2 Likes

I think my compositions were not so bad in the beginning but indeed composition is one of my favorite artistic issues and I am constantly trying to improve them.

edit: however, I am not quite sure about the very last photo - is there too much or too little sky or just the right amount of it? Maybe a bit too much?

The thing is the sky is very bright and so seems to dominate the image far more than it should. As for the background, the bluish tint coming from the haze/dehaze can be distracting.

I think you could crop it a little and it’d make the composition stronger.