Timeless graffiti in Genoa

Your edit looks good. What settings did you do in sigmoid? Sigmoid didn’t look good in my hands for this image.

Personally, I don’t mind, I really like your edition. It highlights the details of the wall paintings.

@Christian-B if you want you can share you XMP sidecar file so that anyone can study your edit.

I thought my edit was pushing colors and contrast to extreme… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I forgot, I added it to the post.

Thank you very much
I regularly use Sigmoid with two instances of the local contrast module, one for highlights and one for lowlights.
I also use the contrast equalizer and the DS module

1 Like

It’s true that with the midi console, I tend to turn the buttons

Interesting, why two separate instances? What is the advantage?

I noticed that Sigmoid gives very nice contrast in the mid-tones, but easily loses details in the high and/or low lights. So I have two presets with parametric masks that allow me to adjust them separately.

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

I just played until I was pleased. dt 4.2.1

_DSC6863.NEF.xmp (7.3 KB)

1 Like

Now I understand. I thought you were using the sliders in the module separately.

1 Like

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.2.1

_DSC6863_01.NEF.xmp (9.2 KB)

3 Likes

I like the way you recovered all the details of the fresco.

2 Likes

My version… :left_right_arrow:

_DSC6863.NEF.xmp (22.5 KB)

Original, playful, bizarre at least! :laughing:
Thank you.
BTW, I hadn’t noticed before that there’s a St. George killing the Drake (that’s me) in the fresco…

Here are two from the jpg using gThumb curve, then adding Uniform+curve+saturation. In the original, I originally saw the overpass as the side of a building next to the muraled ones, which need masking.

1 Like

Never used gThumb as an image editing tool. Thanks for the tip.

Not sure where this will appear. I think Jean-Marc_Dignejmdigne’s fresco and my second underpass might show the most detail, if combined.

gThumb

@anon42681393 For some reason gThumb is where I started going for psychedelic with curves.

It seems like an interface bug that replies to a reply go at the bottom of the page, and now I see a complaint about how I’m doing it.

Strict chronological order is how a forum works, that’s why its important to quote replies and use @'s to establish context @phobrain

_DSC6863.NEF.xmp (10.2 KB)

2 Likes