UK/London Printing

Continuing the discussion from Possible Show at LGM2016 London?:

Printing

I am starting this separate topic to have a place to list some possibilities for printing our work to bring to LGM/London.

The Print Space
@Morgan_Hardwood pointed this one out to me (in particular the samples ordering page). I’m going to see if they’ll ship samples to me in the U.S. They’ve got a few nice looking options.

Moo.com
I have ordered some small business cards and stickers from them in the past, and have been pleased. They are not really an option for large prints or books, but they do have some neat products like their Square Super Business Cards. I thought it might be neat to order a pack and either sell sets or individual cards (or just pass them out). The price is reasonable (£45.59/100 super cards) and it might be a fun way to share our work (they can print different images on each card for us as well).

Suggestions

I am also looking for further suggestions here to help us narrow this down and to find the best price/quality. So please don’t be shy!

I’ve used MOO.com many times and they’ve never disappointed, so I highly recommend working with them. Postcards look nice (I’ll put together some mock designs sometime this week).

1 Like

So, it looks like the shipping might be a bit expensive for the sample pack from The Print Space:

Thanks for your email, we can post the sample pack to America but the postage is going to be very expensive unfortunately. You have two options Royal Mail international (5 to 7 working days) £20.74 or Team Global (2 to 3 working days) £29.31 plus the £6 for the sample pack.

So, the question is, does someone in the UK want to be the recipient and judge of some samples? It’s a little tough to do distance comparisons like this, so if someone does want to do it, there may be quite a few samples coming your way, and the ire of the entire community if you screw it up. :wink: