Various packages for darktable

yes, gladly ! Do you have a script or something to get me started with providing an appimage for darktable master from Travis CI (preferably the Clang build) ? Thanks @Carmelo_DrRaw !

OBS can do appimage as well.

That’s exactly why I was asking if help was still needed… AFAIK you are taking care of DT AppImage packages on OBS, and I do not want to duplicate existing efforts… however, if help is needed I am available :wink:

we build everything but appimages. but we could do it with some appimage build description. then you wouldnt need another CI pipeline for it.

I’m fine with that, I just want to give people a way to test master without having to compile because that would help a lot with early testing and debugging (early, as in : before releases).

1 Like

well they can already test with packages :stuck_out_tongue:

but that needs a global installation, therefore messing in package manager and de-installing the stable version, provided they use a supported system. Appimages can be downloaded and tested along the stable version, then forgotten on the disk, without affecting the whole system globally.

3 Likes

Exactly… I have also been successfully running GDB and valgrind on the executables inside the AppImages to do debugging…

2 Likes

Thank you for providing the OBS builds.

Just so that you are aware of this: today I noticed that the Release.key has expired.

$ wget -nv https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:darktable/xUbuntu_18.04/Release.key -O -  | gpg --with-fingerprint 
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
2020-03-06 15:43:16 URL:https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:/darktable/xUbuntu_18.04/Release.key [1114/1114] -> "-" [1]
pub   rsa2048 2017-12-26 [SC] [expired: 2020-03-05]
uid           graphics:darktable OBS Project <graphics:darktable@build.opensuse.org>

Yes I noticed the same thing. @darix maintains those. Hopefully he will resolve the issue shortly.

Is it safe to use the xUbuntu-19 repo in ubuntu 20.04?
Will I risk messing up my system?
Which repo is better recommended to use in 20.04, 19.04 or 19.10?
Regardless, thanks for all the work on this

I personally strictly avoid mixing packages from repositories of different OS versions due to relevant experiences. Depending on what you are mixing you risk incompatibilities and side effects. And if it’s inevitable to do so, I set up a test system in a VM.

1 Like

Indeed, there’s no guarantee that dependencies are at compatible versions. And if you hit such incompatibilities, at best, darktable won’t work, at worst, other programs, apparently unrelated, will stop working.

1 Like

The OBS now has support for 20.04. Someone just needs to enable it for the darktable projects.

This is after clicking the ubuntu icon. There’s no reference to 20.04. Is it just switching 18 or 19 for 20 in the repo name?

because it wasnt added to the project yet. but the OBS in general has 20.04 set up.

Sorry but it isn’t clear to me.
I tried this

wget -nv https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:darktable:master/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key -O Release.key

but it doesn’t exist.

What do you mean by the OBS in general has 20.04 set up?
What should I do to get dt dev master branch?

There is a difference between build.opensuse.org in general supports a distribution and it being configured for a specifc project (graphics:darktable:master). You will have to wait until the darktable package maintainers have time for that.

No problem, the current dt release that I have (before upgrading ubuntu) is stable, so I’ll wait until we have new packages.

Thanks for the hard work on maintaining them!

@darix & other package maintainers, thanks for having made available packages for Ubuntu 20.04!