Various packages for darktable

I chose the one from @darix / suse for ubuntu 18.04
will this also get updates?

Yes, eventually. He’s enjoying vacation right now I believe.

good for him. I am hanging out at the sea myself and shooting two models tomorrow ;o)

Thanks for your patience and guiding me through the process

1 Like

Enjoy!

totally new user on linux, was frustrated with paying for lightroom on windows, i saw darktable as an alternative and thought of using but then i am not able to install the latest version 3.0.0, can someone help please.
i tried installing with the isntructions in readme file, but then it kept asking for install cmake and some more packages and now it wont install…
again sorry, but i am a totally new user on linux

hi @sunil_sunny, welcome!

The best way is go here Install package graphics:darktable / darktable

Pick you distro, then follow the instructions.

on OBS stable and stable release are still 2.6! thats a problem for new users when they read 3.0 is released but they cant download because there is no ppa…

@Nor_man Request 759705: Submit darktable - openSUSE Build Service

1 Like

Thanks man, i installed 2.6 and started learning it, i guess 3.0 has to wait, i will start relearning editing from 2.6

@darix would it be possible to provide Appimages for master too ? Many people come on the issue tracker to report bugs, but some can’t confirm if master fixed them or not since they don’t know how to build, so we end up with many stale issues. Having a portable nightly build would help debugging.

1 Like

@Carmelo_DrRaw is the current AppImage master.

Hello, I’ve added the repository but it installed the ubuntu repo version, then I checked:

I don’t think version “0” is normal

Yes, people are working on that as we speak.

Thank you and the people working on it

Will the package for 18.04 be updated please ? It’s still showing 2.6.2 rather than the “0” for the other Ubuntu versions.

@Phil_Smith please read the posts above.

Is this still needed? Can I help somehow?

This should be fixed now.

1 Like

I’ve enabled AVIF image support and support for gmic clut files on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

On Fedora there is still rav1e missing.

Thank you!