White balance applied twice

I was just pointing out it was by design that it took this format and not incomplete although maybe some sections are. It’s more than adequate and as you say a very resource intensive undertaking for a small group so the simpler the better… No intended criticism of the documents

Heh. I’m an old fogey. When I search for how to do something and it gives me a video, I look elsewhere for a good textual explanation.

2 Likes

Since the Color Calibration effect is applied by default, I was also confused by the red warning about white balance applied twice. I wish the error message would tell me where I should have changed it, instead of me having to search this forum to find out.

There is a tooltip telling you so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that’s neat! Tooltips on error messages aren’t really the norm, so I didn’t think to look for that.

Many are quite descriptive and often include the associated shortcut key… Also you may or may not know or be interested…ignore if you are not… but the concept of using CAT for WB often seems overly complicated for new DT users and it is possible to revert to just using the legacy one but there are reasons for using this approach…

Its well explained here. The math may not be exactly the same but you can also skip down to bullet point or section 5 for a quicker explanation of why DT is using this method…

The rest you can consider extra context if you have any interest in it…

Chromatic Adaptation explained.pdf (3.7 MB)

You also could perhaps have tried looking in the manual at the description of the Color calibration module. There’s a section titled " CAT warnings" in there.

I know, I’m old-fashioned, I use the manuals for the tools I use…

4 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for the information, on a few stubborn photos I got excellent results.
Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

1 Like

I don’t think I said anything new but glad it helped…