[Win64] RawTherapee 5.3 Release Candidate 1 for testing


(Karlheinz Lehmann) #21

Because my tamron lens is NOT autodetected, but my nikon is

(Karlheinz Lehmann) #22

I think I found the reason for the bug. In an older version the lens was found as

Tamron Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD

in the actual version it is found as

Tamron Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD

That is also the reason why I need to set it manually :slight_smile:

(Sebastien Guyader) #23

Maybe you can modify the name of the lens in the lensfun database directly? And if it works, suggest the modification to the lensfun people?


This build is ok now :statue_of_liberty:

(Karlheinz Lehmann) #25

I agree on that. I did a scan in the whole directory and my lens is the only one with a trailing “.0” … I will try to contact them … thank you.

(Morgan Hardwood) #26

In the older version of what - RawTherapee or lensfun XML file? In the actual version of what? What is the “actual version”? Which lens is that - Canon, Nikon, Sony?


On the first builds I made to test the lensfun branch, I used the “obsolete” MSYS2 lensfun". It is tagged 0.3.2
Then in the process of testing, I built myself the lensfun master branch(incompatible with preceding) which appears also as 0.3.2 in RT :hushed:

The DB timestamp permits to know what is the more recent DB.

Effectively in the MSYS2 lensfun DB the name was
Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD

While now in the more recent DB it is

Tamron Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD

@Morgan_Hardwood: this lens is described in the SLR-tamron.xml file. regarding on which listed camera it is mounted, a crop factor is applied.

(Morgan Hardwood) #28

The name also includes “4.0” in ExifTool, which RawTherapee uses for the rtexif/* files. It’s another argument for using the most recent lensfun DB from the official lensfun repository when making builds of RawTherapee-5.3.


In this case, I wonder why @ChasingShadows needs to do a manual search.

Last DB timestamp is 1506164944.

(Sebastien Guyader) #30

Yes, I too make my builds with the latest DB (timestamp 1506164944). The “official” one is really outdated, it is 22 months old.

(Dean) #31

Trying latest build as quick test. Auto-matched - does not find my Pentax K-70 camera. Thinking it could be because RICOH prefix missing in the lensfun db?

Did find my 16-85 lens. Only corrected for distortion (did excellent job of that… much better than old version). db list indicates it can also do Chromatic, but box not checked (or checkable). Did not do Vignetting (though box was checked) but db list indicates it should not.

Notice environment kind of slow clicking around sometimes.

Just FYI since I’m not sure of anything, except after manual selection, the DC worked and is Much Much Improved from my quick 1-off test.

(Ingo Weyrich) #32

I also noticed that. Collapsing the lens correction tab helps a bit.

(Alberto) #33

that’s because CA correction via lensfun has not been implemented (yet). RT has excellent auto CA-correction, at least for Bayer raw files.

(Dean) #34

It does. Was better than any of the others (6 at least, some commercial) I tested in one of my tests.


In lensfun DB camera Model is “Pentax K-70” , Maker is" Pentax"

You should check what is written in exif data.

(Dean) #36

Matches Model, but not make that I found.


Yes exif make field is RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
If I change in the DB file slr-pentax.xml in line 330 “pentax” by “Ricoh” automatic search suceeds.
I will try to contact lensfun team.(their site is down now).

(Dean) #38


(Karlheinz Lehmann) #39

Because RT determines the lens as “Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD (A005)” from the exif data



I will update the xml file accordingly and I hope that I I will then have an automatic match …

(Morgan Hardwood) #40

@ChasingShadows I’m the guy who updates and maintains RawTherapee’s lens detection code. Please upload a sample raw file before contacting the lensfun devs.