[Win64] RawTherapee 5.3 Release Candidate 1 for testing

Here we go … D72_2303.NEF (27.6 MB)

This file is licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
CC BY-NC-SA

Thank you. You can go ahead and contact them - please paste a link to the report here so we can also keep track. I’m curious why they changed it from “f/4” to “f/4.0”. The only tag which has “4.0” is
MaxApertureAtMinFocal in the makernotes, but there are more suitable tags to be used.

@agriggio if the detection fails because f/4 <> f/4.0, couldn’t we replace on the fly f/x with Fx (because some lenses use Fx and some use f/x in a way that is not consistent) and strip out all .0?

lensfun has two search modes for finding lenses in the db, strict and loose. RT uses strict, which sometimes causes failures like this. I tried using loose, but it seems it’s actually too liberal, and sometimes it finds quite different lenses than what you want. I suppose we could come up with some heuristics, but for now I preferred to stay on the safe side. after all, a user could still pick up the lens by hand, and have a “custom auto matching” by using a dynamic profile rule (see the reference above by @ChasingShadows)

Is it possible that the (A005) is the culprit?

Yes, the strict matching means that all parts of the lens name have to match (though the order of them is not relevant). I will post a link to the concerning lensfun documentation when sourceforge is available again…

For Tamron lenses the (A005) is the lens version number and is part of the name.
It may happen that a more recent lens with the same global characteristics has the same name as an old one with only version number differing.
for instance I have a Tamron 90mm F/2.8 DI VC USD Macro 1:1 (F004).
There exist a different and newer lens Tamron 90mm F/2.8 DI VC USD Macro 1:1 (F017)
Exiftool and RT decode correctly those names (for Nikon cameras)

@agriggio @Morgan_Hardwood
If the same lens is mounted on different camera brands , will the lensid will provide the same name?
I fear no!
For Canon it will be Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD
and Tamron 90mm f/2.8

@Morgan_Hardwood
I see that you already stubled on the name problem and opened a ticket on lensfun.
It is not very conclusive, apart that names should be the same as in exiv2.
I think the answer will be the same with lens maker name(Ricoh versus Pentax).
So it seems the best is that let you continue to manage this issue.

How is it possible to verify the exiv2 names?

To see all lens parameters:
exiv2 -pa foo.raw | egrep -i "lens|aperture"

For the few lenses names I can test with test photo I collected here, luckily exiv2 and exiftool agree exactly on the names.

RawTherapee_release-5.3-rc1_5.3-rc1-27-g2dbd3074_WinVista_64.zip including all last commits is available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

I’ve see that LensFun support Panasonic FZ1000, a fixed lens camera.

Fixed lens DMC-FZ1000 2.73 yes yes no

When I open any RW2 file RT gets the camera name but not the lens and i cannot select it manually because there isn’t any “FZ1000 fixed lens” in the list.

photo_2017-10-01_14-29-24

Without a lens I cannot use lensfun corrections. Is it a bug? Do i made something wrong?

it depends on how the lens is identified by lensfun in the db. the current RT strategy for fixed lens cams is to search for a lens composed of the camera name plus the word “standard” (iirc, or something like that). this works for other brands, but maybe not in your case…if you upload a raw I will take a look

An example at minimum focal distance (25mm eq. is slightly cropped)
P2000678.RW2 (22.4 MB)
Thanks

In this case, the < maker > and < model > are different.

<camera>
        <maker>Panasonic</maker>
        <model>DMC-FZ1000</model>
        <mount>panasonicFZ1000</mount>
        <cropfactor>2.73</cropfactor>
</camera>

<lens>
        <maker>Leica</maker>
        <model>FZ1000 &amp; compatibles</model>

Auto works when you modify the lens entry like this:

<lens>
        <maker>Panasonic</maker>
        <model>DMC-FZ1000 &amp; compatibles</model>

FZ1000 in the lens data is wrong. It is sufficient to add the true camera model name like this:

<lens>
        <maker>Leica</maker>
        <model>DMC-FZ1000 FZ1000 &amp; compatibles</model>

Untill now I never saw something like “lens make” in exif data.
seems so just an information helping to read the file. It should not matter.

I can open a new ticket on lensfun but, lensfun team being small, they cannot be very reactive.

One other possibility is that I correct the DB in my local repository and submit diff files to the lensfun team from time to time.

third option is for users to “fix” locally with a dynamic profile rule…

Yes,waiting for a conclusive correction…

Lensfun doesn’t seem handle Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye images correctly. I guess the result should be rectilinear, now it just corrects to the regular fisheye projection, leaving lines curved.

Hi,

change of projection is currently not supported (in RT, lensfun is actually able to do this)

correct.

I’ve found FZ1000 lens under “Leica” instead of “Panasonic” and i’m trying to set it with a dynamic profile rule.
I hope you can fix this behavior because I think having the camera should be sufficient for a fixed lens camera. Thanks