Windows 64 build with integration of lensfun

Thanks to hard work of @agriggio, lensfun is making its way in Rawtherapee.
If you want to test, you can find at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8
RawTherapee_dev_5.2-157-gf6303099_WinVista_64.zip development build integrating lensfun.

Rawpedia will be updated accordingly.

(Karlheinz Lehmann) #2

Great news! Thanks @gaaned92 and @agriggio

However, I think I found a bug, sorry for that :slight_smile:

I’m using dynamic profiles. And here the problem occurs.

The 1st profile is some kind of default w/o camera and w/o lens. This profile is setup for automatic camera and lens detection.

The result of the lens profile setting is like this:

As this lens is not a Nikon but a Tamron lens, I switch to manual and select the lens.

As I want to do this via a dynamic profile I add a 2nd profile where I just switch the lens profile section in the following way

[LensProfile]
LFAutoMatch=false
LFLens=Tamron …

However, the lens profile block gets fully cleared and then has just these two settings. The autodetection from the previous profile is completely lost.

I do the same with my ISO profiles, just switching single fields in the profile. And this works perfectly.

So it would be nice, if the pure existence of the [LensProfile] section would only touch the fields, which are listed in that block.

BTW, if I load this partial profile manually it works as expected.

Regards, Karlheinz

(Alberto) #3

On the contrary, you should be proud :wink: We rely on users to report bugs and help us improve RT, for the benefit of everybody.

In this case, however, I’m not sure I’d call it a bug. If you turn off auto matching, you are expected to provide both a camera and a lens. A lens alone is not sufficient. Did you try adding also the camera info? If that doesn’t work, then it’s definitely a bug (and in that case I’d appreciate if you could report it on github as well).

(Vilmantas R) #4

Any ideas why Auto-matched correction parameters not active and Manual correction parameters - there is no any cameras or lenses to choise?

Pentax K-5II + FA 50 1.4 + Windows 10 64 bit + plus latest RT build from (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8)

2-157-gf6303099 - C__Users_vilma_Pictures_2017_2017-09-13_IMGP6709

(Alberto) #5

looks like lensfun doesn’t find the lens database… I’ll take a look

(Karlheinz Lehmann) #6

Hello @agriggio, ciao Alberto,

I have added a partial camera profile that it sets the manual mode, the maker and the model. Then it works. But 1st now I do no longer have the automatic mode and 2nd I always need a partial camera profile or a lens profile for each camera I can use it with …

However it works that way. But I still think it is an error, as it works w/o dynamic profile just by manually loading partial profiles. I guess, the fields are populated just before the screen appears the 2st time. That would explain why it works in manual mode, but not with dynamic profiles.

Regards, Karlheinz

@vilmantasr @ChasingShadows could you upload a photo at filebin.net?

(Vilmantas R) #8

https://filebin.net/znjhygwy3c97d2v5

(Alberto) #9

@ChasingShadows I’m a bit confused, I think I don’t understand :frowning: Can you send me both the partial profile and the dynamic rule you are using? Thanks!

I’m seeing the same issue as @vilmantasr, no lensfun database, on a Win10 laptop. Common cameras and lenses, that are in the database, clean installation, the RT directory in AppData removed.

@vilmantasr thank you

@agriggio I tried to reproduce bug. I made following steps

• suppress path to MSYS2
  • uninstall all previous rawtherapee versions
  • downloaded RT dev 5.2-157 from google drive and fresh install
  • test with my photos: ok
  • test with @vilmantasr photo: ok
    :open_mouth:

@jacal can you access to data base in manual mode? Do you have an other lensfun database installed somewhere (for instance by another app)?

Edit:
lensfun seems able to look for Database in different places:

• %localappdata%/lensfun
  • locally in share/lensfun
  • perhaps also somewhere else (%programdata…)

It could be that some database be incompatible with the RT lensfun.dll version.

How to be sure that the good DB is accessed?

(Ingo Weyrich) #12

Can you try to copy the lensfun database (the .xml files) to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\lensfun ?

Edit: @gaaned92 already wrote that. %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\lensfun is the same as %localappdata%\lensfun

(Alberto) #13

I’m looking into this – I’ll let you know as soon as I have some more info

Nothing is available in manual mode. Multiple lensfun databases installed (3 x Gimp, 2 x darktable, Photivo, UFRaw …) in respective directories in Program Files, plus Photivo has it also in AppData. This is obviously crowded …

(Ingo Weyrich) #15

Here it definitely works with lensfun database in %localappdata%\lensfun

So does here!

(Alberto) #17

FYI, I’m working on allowing RT to use its own “private” lensfun database

(Morgan Hardwood) #18

Wild guesses, but could it be that if it finds more than one DB then the DB-choosing logic fails, or maybe tries to load more items than can be loaded in a combobox?

@agriggio surely when I tested I had some lensfun DB laying somewhere without knowing!
But I still think at this time RT lensfun accessed …/share/lensfun, but I must be wrong!

If I am careful about that and suppress all lensfun DB existing here and there, effectively it seems own local DB is not accessed. still testing.

I much prefer RT lensfun uses its own private DB as otherwise there is the risk that some other app interfere or include incompatible data in a global DB. That’not good practice unless you are able to control the configuration of all apps.

@agriggio
I think it’s my fault.
I built an up to date lensfun version and linked it in a test version. I think this version acccess the DB in appdata.

When building dev branch, I forgot to come back to the MSYS2 lensfun version.
So I am rebuilding now to verify.

(Alberto) #20

I just pushed a changeset that allows RT to use its own copy of the lensfun db. Here’s how it works. There’s a new config section in the options file:

[Lensfun]
DBDirectory=/path/to/lensfun/db

If /path/to/lensfun/db is empty, the normal logic of lensfun is used to load the database (this is described at http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/manual/dbsearch.html).
Otherwise, the db is loaded from the given directory.

The default value for the config setting can be controlled at compile-time, by setting the cmake variable LENSFUNDBDIR:

$ cmake -DLENSFUNDBDIR=/path/to/default/lensfundbdir

If unset (the default), the empty path will be used. So, by default we have the current behaviour, that is lensfun does its own search system-wide.

At compile-time, /path/to/default/lensfundbdir can also be a relative path. In this case, it is interpreted relative to DATADIR. So, people building RT in “bundle mode” can also include a copy of the lensfun DB, to make sure there are no clashes with other versions/DBs in the system.

I hope this solves the issue. If not, please let me know (and open a bug report on github).