Windows Build with latest work on new Highlight recovery mode...

From the topic above…

EDIT : the link above is compiled for 12th gen intel… this is a generic one…more likely not to fail on a wider scale…

3 Likes

Hello again… I just installed this build on my usual win11 desktop, and it won’t run - or rather it tries then throws an ‘unhandled exception’
This is the backtrace it indicated last time.
darktable_bt_WD9VP1.txt (5.1 KB)
I don’t mean this as a complaint at all… more like constructive (hopefully) feedback!

I used the build script…this would use my hardware specs for intel 12th gen cpu…I will build and post a generic one…

Generic build…try this one…

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try it a little later this morning… sounds like it shoud be good. My computer is old :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thanks! It works for me.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your time and your code…

New version 5 has been added to @hannoschwalm git repo…
Experimental at this point but I merged it and built for my Alderlake and generic versions for WIndows if anyone wants to try it…

3 Likes

Thanks for this. It makes it much easier to give feedback.

NP looking forward to seeing if I can figure it out … again thank you and @hannoschwalm for sharing your insight and knowledge…

Here is the draft documentation

2 Likes

Your a champ…thanks…

Great! I’m just about to read the doc… and thanks for developing it!

1 Like

Yes, experimental :slight_smile: You are a lucky one, this pr does not increase the module’s version so you won’t be bothered with “messages”.

Thanks for offering the build service, appreciated a lot as i don’t have any windows machine or knowing and @Iain can do testing too. Next time i’ll give you a hint, ok?

2 Likes

NP just interested in your work so I have been following it…I figured others might be as well and hopefully able to test and provide feedback…

@priort something pushed noteworthy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay…wifes 60th birthday today…so may or may not get a new build posted but should be able to a bit later tonight EST… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Did you rename it yet or is it still just highlight reconstruction in the module…I’ll poke in the code…just making sure my merge got the new code…

EDIT …seems like its still the same name…