ancetre fiat 500

Photo: CC-BY-SA XMP: public
Lots of everything :smiley: - Fun, full on local contrast (and decompression in tone eq, top left → bottom right), lots of grain, orange-teal coloring galore, lots ot vignette (using exposure module) …

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (17.0 KB)

1 Like

Used color mapping

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (18.1 KB)

1 Like

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (17.1 KB)

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (9.7 KB)

Tone Curve → Local Contrast → Monochrome.

(DT 4.4.2)

As suggested by Ofnuts, my Fun with GIMP

2 Likes

The Fiat is taking off… Many problems here:

• Lighting mismatch: the red car is lit from slightly back, slightly right while the fiat is lit from slightly front, slightly left.
  • Color mismatch: likely very hard to fix because the target picture has been heavily processed (so it"s not just a color temperature problem, probably also a brightness/contrast or even HDR one)
  • Perspective mismatch: the red car is shot slightly from above with a camera pointing slightly down, when the Fiat has been shot at hood’s height, with a camera shooting horizontally.
  • The Fiat wheels have no shadow. If you want something to look settled on the ground it has to have a little shadow where it touches the ground. That one is not that hard to fake…
  • The ground under the Fiat looks lit from an electric heater under the car. Again, not hard to darken the whole thing significantly (see the other car).

As a rule, the chances that you can transplant a random picture into another random picture are very small, and many examples you see on the web use very carefully selected images or even images taken for that purpose.

A counter example is bunch of group pictures I took recently. No picture where everyone was looking at the camera with an acceptable smile, but since all the pictures where taken in a few minutes, lighting and perspective was the same on all and it was very easy transplant heads to make a group picture with everyone looking good.

As I wrote this is just my fun with GIMP

1 Like

The author of this post attached two versions of the photos, which I took as a bit of a joke.

It’s not all fo pa in this tongue-in-cheek montage.
In the Cuban landscape on the road incorrectly parked Fiat (they are not there )
Intentional incorrect scaling
No windows in the car

I’m a bit picky here…that is a Fiat 600 not a 500.

2 Likes

non c est une fiat 500 la 600 a le cul plus arrondie

1 Like

It’s a Fiat 600D. You can google other Fiat600 and Fiat500 to see the difference (look at the moldings near the license plate or on the doors). Usually the D version has the doors with upwind opening. This one has a different logo, though. Maybe the restoration is not perfect, but it is a 600. Also look at the hood design.

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (13.6 KB)

1 Like

IMG_7163_01.CR2.xmp (12.1 KB)

bonjour tu as raison c est une 600 pas une 500
si tu sais me dire comment on obtient le développement du tracteur

c etait ma question
merci

comment faire

pour

Not sure what we are trying to do here. I mean, both are vehicles, but the pictures don’t have much in common. Especially the Fiat has no meaningful surrounding like the tractor has. There is not so much you can do, IMHO.

Anyways, here is a second try:

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (23.5 KB)

I did see in the original picture the following edit and tried to apply something similar to the picture of the op.

• some fake HDR look, used a preset ‘HDR’ of local contrast
  • painterly background, removed contrast with contrast eq
  • some color grading in the sky, rgb primaries + color calibration

Additionally I did some sloppy masking, cropping, retouching and fiddeling with the tonal range.

Maybe this helps (probably not…).

Have a nice one!

3 Likes

I believe my kung fu has improved since August, so here is a re-try.

IMG_7163_01.CR2.xmp (7.3 KB)

2 Likes

The tractor image looks like an HDR to me, so created with multiple exposures and I can’t replicate it with one image and darktable. Here my attempt to develop the image.

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (11.7 KB)

1 Like

Liberal use of local contrast for that HDR effect, shadows+highlights to reduce the dynamic range. Color toning from a LUT HaldCLUT Set: ANUBIS because I’m lazy to do the teal shift manually :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_7163.jpg.out.pp3 (14.8 KB)