ART new releases

Hi,

you can restore the behaviour of 1.8.4 by changing a couple of preferences, here:

And specifically:

• set the max threads for thumbnails to half your cores
  • untick “delay update of thumbnails”
  • untick “lazy caching of thumbnails”

Honestly this seems overkill to me, but sure I can change the code. I won’t make another release for this only though…

OK, many thanks for the 2 points. No problem for Gain, I can wait (and continue to use 1.8.4 until the next release if I have to).
Why do I need this precision ? Sometimes I make 2 versions of a picture, each one with a different color profile (Adobe1998 and sRGB for example). As most of the time my colors are near the limits, if I change the profile some colors may be “burnt” or outside the profile. Changing the gain allows to stay inside the limits easily without to touch anything else, while keeping the general tone. I don’t know if I’m clear.

Edit : the only question about thumbnails is why its behavior changed between 1.8.4 and 1.9 ? Did you touch something in the code ?

I added more customization options, with defaults that make sense for my environment/setup but not necessarily for yours :slight_smile:

OK, thanks anyway. :blush:

Hello Alberto, I have a problem since the arrival of ART 1.9. All my photos in the editor appear green! I can find their normal colour by resetting the file to neutral (and losing my previous processing)…
But ART often crashes even before my pictures are displayed in the file browser!
I’m under Arch and the problem is the same with the compiled version and the AUR version…

here is a raw file… tiff files are not affected
L1003572.DNG (24.6 MB)

Hi,

did you try clearing your cache?

unfortunately yes…

what about deleting (or renaming) your options file?

also, can you send me an .arp?

I just reinstalled version 1.8.4… and I have the same problem…!!!(which I did not have before)
Maybe the problem comes from an arch update…?
L1003572.DNG.arp (10.3 KB)

did you compile ART yourself? If so, can you try with the pre-built binary from bitbucket? Or you can try adding -fno-tree-loop-vectorize to your CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS and see if that makes a difference…

Ok i do that as soon as i get home from work…

Hello, I have a problem with version 1.9 The automatic adjustment of the LOG encoding no longer works. 1.8.4 versus 1.9 …
An idea?

@agriggio

Hello, file opens fine here, without any green cast. Also with your arp.
Art 1.9 home compiled on Xubuntu 20.04.

Indeed, there’s a typo. Here’s a patch that should fix this:

diff --git a/rtengine/iplogenc.cc b/rtengine/iplogenc.cc
--- a/rtengine/iplogenc.cc
+++ b/rtengine/iplogenc.cc
@@ -316,7 +316,7 @@
                 }
             }
             if (n > 0) {
-                lparams.gain = gray2ev(tot / n * 100.f);
+                lparams.gain = gray2ev(tot / n); // * 100.f);
                 if (settings->verbose) {
                     std::cout << "         computed gain from " << n << " samples: " << lparams.gain << std::endl;
                 }

Please everyone do keep reporting bugs! I will release a 1.9.1 once we sort out all these (small?) glitches… :+1:

3 Likes

The pre-built binary does not launch on my system…
I compile ART with the build-art script, and I don’t know how to add -fno-tree-loop-vectorize to my CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS sorry…

open $HOME/programs/code-ART/build/CMakeCache.txt with a text editor, and edit the line:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=

like this:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-fno-tree-loop-vectorize

then run make -j4 install from the above directory

1 Like

It works !!! thanks alberto! :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I would like to understand what this change affects in the compilation…?

Can this change be integrated into the compilation of the AUR deposit?

Good to hear :slight_smile:
Can you please post here the output of gcc --version?
Also ping @guzzisti for the arch packages

Arch bumped gcc to 11.1 a few days ago.

I’ll adjust the AUR packages.

1 Like