Call for testing: RawTherapee 5.4-rc3

(Morgan Hardwood) #1

We are very close to releasing RawTherapee 5.4. You can help with the last step.

rt-logo-large

Here are builds of RawTherapee 5.4-rc3. These are not the final builds yet, but they might become the final ones if everything works well. “rc3” means “release candidate 3” - they are candidates for a final release if they perform well. Else they get shot.

• Download for Windows (clean)
  • Download for macOS (clean)
  • Linux, several options:
    • Check your package manager as described on our Downloads page,
    • Or use an AppImage (clean)
    • Or compile 5.4-rc3 yourself by following this simple guide. If you follow the automatic way, then after running the script the source code is cloned into ~/programs/code-rawtherapee, so you should:
      cd ~/programs/code-rawtherapee
      git checkout 5.4-rc3
      ~/scripts/build-rawtherapee -b

Or if you follow the manual way, then in the “Choose a branch” step do git checkout 5.4-rc3, then compile.

Get it, run it, test it, and if you find a bug, report it!

This is also the last chance to update the interface translation in your language - see here for info on how to do that: Localization - How To Translate RawTherapee and RawPedia

WIN10, Version:1709
RT from @gaaned92’s site

In the file browser when rotating raws (in my case .rw2 Files from a panasonic lx100) I either get spontaneous shut down of RT, or, most of the times, I get the following:

After selecting another image the rotation is shown just fine.

(Jean-Christophe) #3

@McCap @Morgan_Hardwood I’ve had this kind of issue without crash. It might be related to rounding error of the precalculated thumbnail width vs. the effective thumbnail width (if started with -w, you should see an error in the console).

(Ingo Weyrich) #4

I never had this kind of issue, maybe because I set max thumb height to 120…

(Andrew) #5

I’ve just tried the out-of-gamut feature in RC3. I was thinking it might have changed from RC2, but it hasn’t. Re. this - https://discuss.pixls.us/t/rt-5-4-rc2-soft-proofing-out-of-gamut/6872/3
@agriggio, any chance please you could have a look?

For Mac Users:

There are some known mac issues, for instance:

• key shortcut problems
  • a crash if you try to process a queue with a file pathname containing characters like ü ö and the Language & Region is set to something like English/Germany (instead of English/United Kingdom, or English/United States)
  • CMakeLists.txt needs to be updated for mac due to ar and ranlib settings.

(Alberto) #7

this is all handled by LCMS. I think it’s due to the intermediate conversions that might push some colors on the edge of srgb just a bit oog. if you give me a picture to test – preferably through a proper bug report – I’ll check if this is the case…

(Morgan Hardwood) #8

I updated the first post with download links to builds.

@McCap those untuned-television-set thumbnails are an old issue and rare. Never heard of them crashing RT.

@RawConvert @McCap and everyone, please file bug reports in GitHub with steps to reproduce, test files, your options file, and stack backtraces where relevant: http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_write_useful_bug_reports

Can somebody explain why I cannot build WITH_LTO=ON on MSYS2?
Is there somewhere a ticket open for this bug?
ar version 2.30

(Morgan Hardwood) #10

@gaaned92 you’d need to show the full build log with all CMake options.

(Andrew) #11

@agriggio, @Morgan_Hardwood, I’ve created bug report 4438,
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/issues/4438
Hope this helps.

In the rc2 thread, I have reported (Windows only) problems with non-ascii characters in the Exif.UserComment tag. It was fixed soon, still in rc2, but I have never confirmed this (being occupied and such). To redeem myself, I have now tested it again (rc3), also with the Russian Cyrillic, that I can read only very slowly, and it seems to be still fixed, working well. Sorry for the delay. Thank you!

Where get I get info about new features in this version?

Upon opening I get this screen, which I believe is prompting for each image because it kept prompting even when I hit ok.

(Morgan Hardwood) #15

@dellaaa this thread is about RawTherapee 5.4-rc3, not 5.3-166.

@Morgan_Hardwood
W10 flto

Build parameters

Version: 5.3-681-g2e9dc1144
Branch: dev
Commit: 2e9dc1144
Commit date: 2018-03-12
Compiler: gcc 7.3.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.22.0
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: release
Build flags:  -m64 -mwin32 -mthreads -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -flto -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wno-unused-result -Wno-deprecated-declarations  -DNDEBUG  -O3
Link flags: -m64 -mthreads  -static-libgcc   -mtune=generic -flto  -s -O3 -fno-use-linker-plugin
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

part of Build log

[  4%] Linking CXX static library librtexif.a
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/rtexif.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/stdattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/nikonattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/canonattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/pentaxattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/fujiattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/sonyminoltaattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/olympusattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/kodakattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ar.exe: CMakeFiles/rtexif.dir/panasonicattribs.cc.obj: plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(rtexif.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(stdattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(nikonattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(canonattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(pentaxattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(fujiattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(sonyminoltaattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(olympusattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(kodakattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/ranlib.exe: librtexif.a(panasonicattribs.cc.obj): plugin needed to handle lto object
[  4%] Built target rtexif

The plugins seem correctly located by cmake:

CMakeCache.txt (64.8 KB)

(Vike) #17

Yes now Metadata works normally in compressed tiff!:smiley:

(Paul) #18

When is this round closing? I won’t be able to test until the weekend. Thanks!

(Ilya.Var) #19

Black and White conversion produces unexpected results sometimes. It is less intuitive and less usable compared with 5.3 imho.

(Andrew) #20

Devs and anyone, what, if anything, has changed please? There’s no mention of B&W conversion in the release notes in “About”.