[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Been doing a few panos. Both processed with dt4.2 and stitched using Microsoft ICE. (free, discontinued, but not open source - hope that’s ok! :sweat_smile:)
I’ve been sticking to a 30mm prime (on APS-C so equiv. 45mm) quite lot recently, and a pano is a nice way to get a wider view and get more detail at the same time :slightly_smiling_face:
Cooma

And yet more big skies!

12 Likes

I think we’re all free to use our choice of tool, whatever it may be. At the moment, for example, I’m (more) using Affinity Photo for retouching, stacking, stitching, etc than GIMP, Hugin and such. But I can’t guarantee I’ll not change at some future point. FTR I do use FOSS for almost everything else, though. :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Man selling roasted chestnuts at the Luzern Light Festival (LiLu - https://www.lichtfestivalluzern.ch/)

11 Likes

Angera a few days ago

15 Likes

Today on the Semmering.

24 Likes

It is like our weather today. I need to commute home now (~2 hour journey) - otherwise I won’t be able to sleep in my own bed!

PS - it took 5 hours! Full story here: Work, life and other detours [II] - #61 by afre.

3 Likes

One from last Sunday, out at Seafield Beach, near Kirkcaldy, in the Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.

I had hoped to have a play with my new Lee Big Stopper, however I was finding the images came out pretty soft, despite focussing the camera before switching to manual focus then inserting the Big Stopper into the Filter Holder

Anyway, I did come out with a few sharp(ish) images, without using the Big Stopper. So I thought I’d give the fake “motion blur seascape” effect. A combination of Dartkable to basic editing to the raw file, then into Gimp for motion blur effect, dropping a masked out version of the image showing just the birds on the rocks as a top layer.

Possible not Photographic Association Competition Award Winning, but a fun bit of practice in Gimp.

18 Likes

Not award-winning, but it speaks to me loud and clear. :medal_sports: Image looks best small. Starts hurting my eyes when enlarged.

1 Like

Interesting…ICM without the ICM!

1 Like

This is a lucky snapshot of our old lady “Fluffy”. She is about 15y old and has a little portrait (edit: not a portrait, but a silhouette of me holding the cam and) of my son in her eye.

edit: here is closeup of my noisy EOS 80D:

15 Likes

Fluffy is a pretty lady! Nice shot of a beautiful cat. I love the clarity and gloss of her eyes.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you, Fluffy. I’m Morwenna, and I’m 6 years old. Like you I have a tri-color coat, which can translate as “calico”, and like any other calico on Earth I’m a female. We share a common color space (although not the RGB space) so we definitely should be friends.

11 Likes

A tortie is a calico with “spread noise” applied…

1 Like

Sorry about uploading multiple shots, which are:

• not new
  • not mine.

My daughter took them last March (she was not yet 14 at the time). She is great at drawing, but is shy to share her work. She rarely takes photos (she has her own Canon G15, which she rarely uses). On this trip, she asked if she could borrow my D7000, and took lots of photos, including these, and, much to my surprise, she asked me if I’d upload them here for her. So here they go.

33 Likes

Very nice photographs. Congrats!

Wow, congrats to her, she really have an eye for composition, the framings are well thought-out and properly level, the subjects are nice too :slight_smile:

I would have liked to have that skill lvl at 13 ^^

3 Likes

16 Likes

Messing with my bunch of old cameras. Drug out the D300 for a go. Darktable 4.2.0 and Sigmoid.

6 Likes

Ahh i never expected to see grados on this forum. There must be others too, who enjoy music as well as photography. I too own a pair of Grados and like listening with them. Happy listening to you :laughing:

3 Likes

Representing! Also on the headphones/speakers “addiction”. So far got HD600, DT770 250ohm, MSR7, Momentum 3, Vanatoo T0 and KEF Q150 :grin: Every one serves a different purpose so I’m done for now. But am curious to experience the “Grado Experience” people talk about.

3 Likes