[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

One from today’s stroll around town with my Lensbaby…

12 Likes

Oooh, nice! It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Lensbaby in use. Never had one but was tempted at one point.

That one is with a sweet 35 optic (a single sweet spot of focus surrounded by blur) but I’ve really been having fun with my new edge 50 optic today (a line of focus surrounded by blur). I’ve had Lensbabys for a while but on a DSLR finding the sweet spot by eye in the viewfinder is really hard and I had way too many shots out of focus. It’s taken on a new life now I’ve moved to FujiFilm – focus peaking in the EVF really helps to nail the focus. You can literally see the line or spot of focus highlighted on the screen and move it around as you’re shooting.

4 Likes

Woho! They are getting closer! :slight_smile:

X-T4, XF50, exposed using @grubernd’s iso-invariant-method.

Still no luck finding a sharp one in flight mode :frowning:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

14 Likes

12 Likes

So, testing my new lenses I managed to get some similar shots today, take a look:

Hope you like it?
It was windy here, so it wasn’t that easy to hit the bumblebees with that tiny depth of field. Also, I havn’t quite the macro experience :man_shrugging: Anyway… I had fun, shooting these.

Your shot is also nice :+1: Have too look up the iso-invariant-method.

12 Likes

@qmpel
Grrrrr. They are better that mine :-((((((((((((((((((
I have to practice more…

MfG
Claes in Lund, Schweden

3 Likes

I think yours look great, @Claes!

1 Like

I absolutely love that image, @123sg! Great shot!

1 Like

6 Likes

This one reminded me of a piece from Zürich’s Christmas decoration, with all the silhouetted, personal stories (sorry, snapped this one with the phone):

9 Likes

Are you referring to this topic?

Swift reply because of dinner:
Yes, that is the one.

15 Likes

26 Likes

@hatsnp oooooh! Envy! :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

That first one especially is killer!

2 Likes

My wife complained about my bottle collection the other day. I told her, I didn’t see what the problem was :grinning:

13 Likes

Only problem I can detect is that
they are not full?

2 Likes