[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Try reposting it as a “Play Raw”, and let other people have a go? Not only is it a good image to try people’s retouching skills, but also a possible opportunity for some colour grading.

I had to shoot through a pretty dirty window

While not looking at all like a creepy neighbor… :rofl: Taking “innocent” pictures can sometimes be difficult.

The problem with the “3” is that it hints this is the ground floor so we expect to see some ground.

There is also the small bit of corner at the top.

Some clever crop could fix most of this.

Well, if he does repost it as a Play Raw, then perhaps we can show how good we are :rofl:

I thought the same thing – Crop or clone out the leaves but leave the 3. I think the 3 adds mystery to the image and it works even at the edge. Kind of like a visual parting shot, as it were.

1 Like

I keep coming back to this trainstation, there is something special about it and I am still trying to frame these emotions :slight_smile:

18 Likes

That first one is a great visual feedback loop - Picture within a picture. Like pointing a camera at a display of its own signal.

3 Likes

Wow. All excellent. Took me ages to be really clear what was going on in the second one because of the different light. And Len’s dead on with that Picture in Picture description. If you got another single figure in the first layer, would that improve it further? Might take a while

1 Like

Thanks, maybe worth to come back with more patience and wait until the people fill in the composition nicely. :slight_smile:

Just one other figure in the right posture in the nearest level might give a kind of Escher feel. It’s already a fab picture, though

1 Like

Just an iPhone 8 snap out the window, tweaked in Photos. Best not pixel peep

10 Likes

The former HQ of ANZ Bank in Wellington - my father (long retired) used to have a corner office on the 12th floor of the modest 15-storey building. This is at what is known as L&F - Lambton Quay and Featherston Street, taken from Featherstone street intersection diagonally opposite. Look closely and you can see the reflection about half-way up of the ANZ brand and logo - this is at the top of the building I am standing beneath - which also includes the Wellington Intercontinental Hotel.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s worth to get up early…

19 Likes

Play raw is here, let me see what you can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

The rest of the high water of River Rhine

A small part of a small water fall

Both done with vkdt

8 Likes

Somehow reminds me one of my recent shots:

7 Likes

Yes, really.

Playing in the fog, freezing fog in and around Pitlochry yesterday. These were taken on the road to Aberfeldy

23 Likes

Beautiful, Colin.

Wife and I sitting at the table this morning, looking out at Pikes Peak shrouded in fog, we’re at 14 degrees F at 6300 MSL. She says, “beautiful…”, I said “Good thing there are photographers willing to freeze their butts off to shoot such…” :laughing:

I’ve done it, in other situations, just couldn’t muster the ambition this morn…

3 Likes

Blue & blues

10 Likes