[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Yeah, bought a little $15 Pentax K to Canon EF-S mount adapter from Amazon. Seems to work fine. Without a split screen I feel like I’m searching for focus, but in a weird sense that’s kinda part of the idea, so to speak.

1 Like

Big sky but little water at Little Lake

This is Little Lake in the Catahoula National Wildlife Refuge near Whitehall, Louisiana. Despite getting some rain (but not a lot), it’s still down following our unusually hot and dry summer this year. Normally, there would be nothing but water visible here. Not deep, but totally flooded. This is typical of many – if not most – lakes in Louisiana right now.

In this image I went for a more minimalist approach than I usually take. This was shot through a manual Ricoh Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 lens (at f/5.6).

An alternate, even more minimalist, image of three isolated bald cypress trees.

ART 1.21 with minimal follow-up in Affinity Photo.

20 Likes

A short flash of colours in everlasting days of grey

18 Likes

So, we arrived in Glencoe, staying at Kingshouse for Christmas. The weather wasn’t all that great:

On Christmas morning, we drove down to Loch Etive, on a road that is single track with occasional passing places. The weather was better, but still not good, this is Loch Etive

Then on Boxing day:

These were taken on a circular tour of Loch Leven, starting in Glencoe village

Finishing off with (probably) the most photographed building in Glencoe, that of the Ladies Scottish Mountaineering Club Blackrock Cottage:

23 Likes

Nice ! The use of wide angle in combination with remarkable geometry goes nicely in some of those. Very clean look !

That’s just a lovely set of pics - those mountains! :star_struck: Looking forward to having a go at the Play Raws too. :slight_smile:

Oh what a tangled web…

High-contrast rendering of a bare tree on a beautiful blue-sky sunny day. :smiley:

ART 1.21.17

11 Likes

… but who is practising to deceive? :wink:
(for the confused)

1 Like

Well… I guess I was a bit deceptive with a sunny blue sky conversion to hard-edged high contrast monochrome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe this one should be called “Charge your battery and took some photos”…

It a re-process of a blue hour shot taken in November 2009 with my old 8mp* Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D), on Irons Fork Lake in western central Arkansas.

* Cropped, no less! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

First quick mess around with new modules in DT4.6 after coastal walk today

12 Likes

With a little smile on your face, the world is changing:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Gorgeous colors!
Very good!

1 Like

From my visit today in Hamburg (and no, I did not go to the Dix exhibition).

Shot with Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.4.

1 Like

On my way home today. :slight_smile: Nearly got wet on my way to the car…

:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

Nokia X30 DNG processed in darktable.

13 Likes

I like the way each storefront has symmetrical visual elements of its own.

1 Like

Just some birdies from a walk on this afternoon…

It was the first time I got so close to it.

Number 2 and 3 not perfect, but I like the dynamic.

11 Likes

There was some beautiful soft, golden evening light on the neighbouring house, I wanted to capture. Came out surprisingly well, given that I had to shoot through a pretty dirty window :smiley:

18 Likes

Nice image. Would getting rid of the tree on the left-hand side, and number “3” in the centre improve it? I find both a little distracting, the former more than the latter.

I agree about the tree, I already cropped a bit more than I wanted due to it. I didn’t try cloning it away yet. It’s a rather large area, so maybe a bit tricky (at least with my limited retouch skills) but might be worth a try.

I’m not so sure about the number. I see that it can draw attention but since it’s a natural part of the building, I think I’d rather keep it.

1 Like